Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Equipment-Game: The Beast of Gevaudan

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This is a job for Jim Shockey, duh
    Seriously, he shoots muzzle loaders, I’m pretty sure he speak French-Canuck. I mean, problem solved.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. If I don't have to be concerned with my rifle technology permanently altering the balance of power in Europe, e.g. Napoleon becomes unstoppable and we permanently speak French in the U.S., and you can bring only that which you can carry, I'd go with any iteration of a DMR in 5.56 with a 1x8 variable optic.

On the other hand, if I were worried about the balance of power in Europe, etc., I'd leap forward in technology but not too far, say to the percussion carbine M1819 Hall rifle, or for those up-close lupine encounters, maybe a brace of Colt Dragoon revolvers.

By the way, this would make for a fun movie, but it would have to be 80's fun. You, know, gratuitous nudity, ribald language and a healthy amount of violence.
    I wouldn't worry about over-runging* firearms technology- 18th century chemistry and metallurgy aren't up to cloning a WWII era semi-automatic firearm using cartridges, much less an alloy AR variant or plastic framed SFA.

So, drones, IR & thermal cameras for detection, a suppressed 6.5 Creedmore AR or two; Beretta 1301's with slugs for close in work; and no real preference for sidearms- just no revolvers.

*term from Ian M Bank's Culture series
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I wouldn't worry about over-runging* firearms technology- 18th century chemistry and metallurgy aren't up to cloning a WWII era semi-automatic firearm using cartridges, much less an alloy AR variant or plastic framed SFA.

So, drones, IR & thermal cameras for detection, a suppressed 6.5 Creedmore AR or two; Beretta 1301's with slugs for close in work; and no real preference for sidearms- just no revolvers.

*term from Ian M Bank's Culture series
    I’ll take all that plus I want this guy backing me up. And yes that is a bush knife handle made from a human femur on his left side.

Name:  781178A5-70F8-47F8-90C2-FE1D29753CC1.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  100.7 KB

16 inch AR with a 1-8 LPVO and a MRDS on top, white light, IR illuminator/pointer, loaded with a mix of M855A1 (just in case we are going with the armored lion theory) and tracer (because lots of shit doesn't like fire). .45 Caliber P10F(MHI silver rounds loaded of just to rule out the supernatural) compensated with MRDS and white light. All three dudes with PVS 31's and handheld thermal monoculars.

Step 1- Find a peasant that looks like he/she is prone to mishaps
    Step 2- follow them around wait for the beast to attack.
    Step 3- Kill monster, get paid.
    '

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’ll take all that plus I want this guy backing me up. And yes that is a bush knife handle made from a human femur on his left side.

Name:  781178A5-70F8-47F8-90C2-FE1D29753CC1.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  100.7 KB
    I wonder if I've met him, or if we have some wantoks in common.

As for the bone, it may be a muruk (cassowary) bone dagger.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List