Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for thick beretta 92 grips?

Site Supporter

Who do we like for thick beretta 92 grips?

Title says it all, recently got a 92 elite LTT centurion on here, and I’m looking for some thicker grips than the ultra thin VZ grips that came with it. Essentially, I’d like to replicate the thickness of stock 92 grips but would like textured G10 at about the same roughness (or a little more) as the VZ grips.

For whatever reason, these thin grips seem to decrease the reach of the trigger a bit much for my taste.

I put the Pachmayr G-10's on all my 92's, and like them, after a tiny bit of work.

They did have a pronounced square edge on the back, but a few minutes with a rasp rounded them down quite nicely. Off the pistol, of course.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

lok grips - veloce for competition and full checkered for carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

Regular VZs are about factory thickness. I swapped the thin grips on my Wilson CenTac for standard thickness Wilsons made by CZ and love them. Had another set of VZs on a 92A1, liked the grips but I didn't like the color when I saw them in person so I let them go with the gun. On my 92FS Centurion I have a set of Stoner CNC grips, standard thickness but a little less aggressive than the Wilson VZs. I think I also tried Cool Hand grips which are on Amazon. They're good too but I also let those go with the gun they were on. I like the VZ's the best but not enough to replace the Stoners on my FS even though that was going to be my carry gun back when 92's were my main pistol.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    I have Stoners on my 92A1. Required a minor amount of fitting, but are very good grips.

I second the Stoner CNCs. I like the super aggressive variety.
    https://www.stonercnc.com/berettatauruspt92grips
    Keep in mind that G10 is very easy to sand or file. So, if you got a grip that is a little too aggressive for you it would be easy to sand them slightly to knock down the little points. I'd use 200-320 grit for this. Once sanded, wipe away the dust, and wipe on a little oil, any oil. The oil will bring the color that went a little grey back. Follow by wiping the oil off.

VZ standard, Hogue, or LOK. Plus I think the Beretta USA proshop has some (probably sourced from one of these guys)

Regular VZ, but you might want to try their palm swell grip first.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I started with VZ 'slants' but replaced them with LOK Veloce on both of my 92s but they are only range/match guns. The LOKs seem very slightly thicker and are aggressively checkered so may not be what you want, depending on your intended use.

I have a set of LOK Bogie grips on my LTT Centurion right now. They’re about standard thickness.

User Tag List