Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cloud Defensive Pistol Light

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Have any holster makers been given samples to make molds?

@orionz06 @Tony Mayer
    They built the whole thing around being able to fit in holsters that fit the X300 (or maybe the X300U, I forget).

But you shouldn't need a specific holster for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    They built the whole thing around being able to fit in holsters that fit the X300 (or maybe the X300U, I forget).

That is good I guess. But the CD light is supposed to be much shorter than the X300U. I'd want my new holster to be as short as possible.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I'm sure at some point someone will make them. But it's not a great selling point if your new light, however good it might be, doesn't fit any current holsters. Just my thoughts from a business perspective.

Have any holster makers been given samples to make molds?

@orionz06 @Tony Mayer
    I have not, but if there is enough interest I would get one and make holsters!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    I have not, but if there is enough interest I would get one and make holsters!
    Nobody has reported on what the switching looks like but I’ve been impressed with everything else CD makes. If the switching is good to go, I’ll pick up the version that’s as long as a G17. I’ll definitely need OWB and IWB holsters for it.

Are you sure of that? They intend that it will fit Safariland duty holsters 6000 and 7000 series that accommodate the X300 and TLR-1, but I've never read that they're intending to match the X300 profile. Much of the same stuff was spread around ahead of the PL-350 launch and it was simply not the case (and Modlite never said it was.)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Are you sure of that? They intend that it will fit Safariland duty holsters 6000 and 7000 series that accommodate the X300 and TLR-1, but I've never read that they're intending to match the X300 profile. Much of the same stuff was spread around ahead of the PL-350 launch and it was simply not the case (and Modlite never said it was.)
    I believe you are correct. I went back and looked through Cloud's IG and it only notes compatibility with the Safariland duty holsters that fit X300 and TLR1. I must have misinterpreted that as being broadly compatible across the board.

Hopefully it will be more broadly compatible.

I believe you are correct. I went back and looked through Cloud's IG and it only notes compatibility with the Safariland duty holsters that fit X300 and TLR1. I must have misinterpreted that as being broadly compatible across the board.

Hopefully it will be more broadly compatible.
    I don't see how. The body is made for a single 18350 vs the side-by-side dual cells of the X300 which is a much wider body... WML holsters use the light body as the retention point.

Is there any update as to when this light will be available?

Nobody has reported on what the switching looks like but I’ve been impressed with everything else CD makes. If the switching is good to go, I’ll pick up the version that’s as long as a G17.
    And that - the switching - will be key. Modlite's switching was just more rocker switch & they've got no plans for anything different.

SF recently announced a Hi-Candela X300U with the apparent ability to use the DL switch.

User Tag List