Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet some more Hellcat Weirdness

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Fired the hellcat today @ the range. The RTB, Trigger reset thing is definitely not magazine or Ammo type specific. Ran a couple different brands and weight bullets thru it altho its not there consistently every time I fire,.. it did occur several times with ea magazine and/or ammo types.

Before I went today, Altho I didn't do a thorough cleaning of the weapon, I did field strip it and made sure all the rails, slide & barrel were lubricated. So Im at a loss to explain this odd behavior. Guess My next step is to speak to an Armorer about it & find out if its a warrantable issue. 🤷*♂️

@BN. As for the recoil spring suggestion,.. the weapon isn't even a year old yet. Not sure its even had a thousand rounds run thru it yet. (...I put more rounds thru the G19 & PDP than the Hellcat.) If the springs already shot,.. it must be defective.
    Are you capable of removing the rear plate and cleaning the striker channel? The XDS was easy to disassemble the slide and I think the hellcat firing mechanism is identical. On a partially tensioned SFA, binding between the striker and slide will result in your described issues. I’ve already posted this once so am done now thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    Are you capable of removing the rear plate and cleaning the striker channel? The XDS was easy to disassemble the slide and I think the hellcat firing mechanism is identical. On a partially tensioned SFA, binding between the striker and slide will result in your described issues. I’ve already posted this once so am done now thanks.
    I'm not sure that's a good idea for me. I don't really know what Im doing beyond performing your basic field strip & clean of these pistols. I watched a good YT vid on removing the Striker on the Hellcat. It appeared simple enough, but then So did that video on adjusting the rear derailleur on my MTB. Turns out, Not so much. 😂😂😂🤷*♂️

...I've been contemplating taking a class on more advanced breakdown & maintenance of the weapons. Just need to find the time & money.

Just an update,.. Yesterday, I rented the RDP, compensated version of the Hellcat. I wanted to see if I could shoot it any better than my non compensated version. (...Spoiler Alert, I Couldn't!)

I did however notice that it was intermittently exhibiting that same, strange, trigger reset, RTB behavior as my pistol. So it appears, either it's something inherent about the way that particular model pistol works. Some intrinsic design quirk or possibly some sort defect in the actual trigger, slide design?. Granted, this was only a sample of two but it seems awfully coincidental IYAM. There weren't any misfire or misfeeds, so whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be a fatal flaw or defect,.. (Yet!) But, I suppose it's possible it's something that could get worse over time and morph into one.

Just not sure what to make of this issue. I suppose it's time to ask Springfield. :shrug:

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Just an update,.. Yesterday, I rented the RDP, compensated version of the Hellcat. I wanted to see if I could shoot it any better than my non compensated version. (...Spoiler Alert, I Couldn't!)

I did however notice that it was intermittently exhibiting that same, strange, trigger reset, RTB behavior as my pistol. So it appears, either it's something inherent about the way that particular model pistol works. Some intrinsic design quirk or possibly some sort defect in the actual trigger, slide design?. Granted, this was only a sample of two but it seems awfully coincidental IYAM. There weren't any misfire or misfeeds, so whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be a fatal flaw or defect,.. (Yet!) But, I suppose it's possible it's something that could get worse over time and morph into one.

Just not sure what to make of this issue. I suppose it's time to ask Springfield. :shrug:
    If multiple examples of the pistol are exhibiting the same issue in your hands… the issue may be you I.e. how you grip /fire the pistol. Have someone else (ideally more than one) fire the gun and see if the issue still occurs.

Also re comps: you have to define “better” comps reduce muzzle rise which generally reduces shot to shot time. This helps with making multiple hits under time pressure. They don’t (and are not intended to) do anything for slow fire accuracy.

User Tag List