View Poll Results: Flat faced triggers, yea or nay?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea

11 34.38%
  • Neigh

8 25.00%
  • Mods here are shit

18 56.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flat faced triggers, yay or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I like them on 1911s, they let finger fall where it may along vertical dimension of trigger face without any effect on straight back trigger travel.

I've not found any benefit with pivoting triggers set at duty / carry weights and I still prefer curved on those guns. No small reason why I bought 365 vs 365x or xl. No experience with them on gaming guns.
    If you like other attributes of the xl, a curved trigger will only set you back $20.

https://www.sigsauer.com/trigger-365-pin-spring.html

A straight trigger runs $50, for some reason.

https://www.sigsauer.com/parts.html?model=1623
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Switched to flatties and never looked back. There’s no ergonomic temptation to press with anything other than the distal pad when running through a string.

A curved trigger tends to break further back in the trigger guard and is also typically rounded in profile, so it feels like it’s trying to creep into the distal joint as you’re working it.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

I’ve been experimenting with flat faced triggers - both of my P320s have them (the X5 Legion has OEM, and the M18 Apex) and a few of my Glocks have TD Vickers polymer shoes. I think I’ll be putting them in more of my Glocks over time.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Poll and my vote added.
    #RESIST

I'm in the category of it doesn't matter. If the Timney Alpha Trigger came with a curved trigger I would care either. And I only use that trigger because it lights off all my primers.
    A71593

New setup for gaming gun

SFA pistols, yea. Pistols with hammers, nay.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

For ME, I have not found a flat trigger I like. The press feels wrong, until it feels right. This leads me to adjust how the finger contacts the trigger. I just need to finish flat, not travel to the finish flat.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List