Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CR2032 Batteries

CR2032 Batteries

I have to order some new CR2032 batteries for my various red dots.

What brand should I get?
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Duracell
    Sony
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Student
    From AJZ's lecture during last year's ASP National Conference:

"If you're gonna run a red dot, I highly encourage you to utilize Duracell batteries. The reason I say Duracell batteries? Duracell has a very tight spec on their batteries. They do a lot of good QC that most of the other companies do not do. So when I get a 2032 battery from Duracell, I can put my calipers on it and go, 'yep that's plus one minus zero, oh this one's good, this one's good', so when I put it in I know it's going to contact the battery contacts. I cannot say that with other companies -- coughEnergizer."

"Sony's are great. Sonys are very good batteries. You could totally use Sony batteries, they're my second choice of battery."

[Edit] previous threads:
    Best Battery for Red Dot Optics
    Battery Life and Battery Type

Duracell

...only Duracell.

They're sized to the correct spec (so they fit the contacts and don't cause flicker) and they stand up to recoil.

It isn't even worth considering any other brand.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I have to order some new CR2032 batteries for my various red dots.

What brand should I get?
    Since the consensus is Duracell, I’d suggest checking Costco if you shop there; they have a card with a dozen batteries for a pretty good price.

Duracell

Renata

...everything else (did not test Sony but they aren’t common around here).

I tested Duracell, Energizer, IKEA, new bitter Duracell, Panasonic, and Renata batteries. As of a week ago (I’m on vacation and this is the first time in a year I’ve given up on daily checks) there’s still one of the four Duracell batteries that’s been going on max on an Aimpoint H2 for over a year. That’s multiple times longer than anything else I’ve tested and only one of the two Renata batteries (the first died at about 100 days) is still going at probably 150ish.

Woohoo! I found a place online where I can get Renata CR2032 batteries for just 27 cents each! 30 cents cheaper than anywhere else!

I just have to buy a tray of 200...
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Woohoo! I found a place online where I can get Renata CR2032 batteries for just 27 cents each! 30 cents cheaper than anywhere else!

I just have to buy a tray of 200...
    Are you trusting your life to them?

Another Duracell vote.

I've vowed to never buy another Duracell after multiple lots of their alkaline AAs have destroyed my shit by leaking.

Panasonic, Sony, and Cellewell for me.

User Tag List