Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brief Peek at the Forward Control Glock MOS Plate

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    I would take a look at this: https://cpcustomguns.com/product/tem...s-rds-back-up/ Just received my first set and am going to test them out.
    Those look interesting - I like that they have a setscrew. Please report back with how they work out for you.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Just mounted a 507c with the FCD plate- sight worked perfect with the plate, although I had to do some slight sanding to the plate to get it to fit into the MOS cut. Anyways, onward to sights: I want them to be as low as possible while being technically usable- as long as the tops of the sights are above the deck height, I don't care if the full depth of rear notch is visible. I was going to slap on some GL429's, but a few people have mentioned the rear walking. The Heinies are well regarded, but look a fair bit taller than what I'd prefer. Is 10-8 rear with Ameriglo .315 front the better option or something else?
    Ive been running the 10-8 and honestly don’t like it. Might be the U notch but….I have Heinies inbound for both of mine so if you want to give this 10-8 a shot pm me an address and it will be on the way to you as soon as I get it swapped out.Name:  2A722E3F-0E6B-498A-8945-2B064D5D374F.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  35.5 KBName:  AF915F53-465C-4F05-9435-3C1DCC962A8F.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  49.3 KB

I've had no issue with Ameriglo backups, but of course, YMMV. I've never liked u-notch rear sights, but that is personal preference. I do want the edges of the sight to taper to the center so that only a very small portion of the rear notch is visible and obstructs the optic as little as necessary.

Surprisingly, my all-time favorite backup irons for pistols are the XS "Minimalist" sights for the H&K VP9. They are pretty much absolutely perfect. Previously I only wanted plain black front and rear, but these things are true to their minimalist label and seem to be the absolute perfect height and the front sight is unobtrusive until you need it, but when you do, it's very easy to find. I really wish they would make the same sight for Glocks and M&P's.

https://xssights.com/minimalist-suppressor-rmr-height/

The Ameriglo GL420 rear and their bold fronts give you basically that same set. It’s what are on all my personal Glocks, the rear is available in both u notch (420) and a traditional square (don’t have the model #) if that’s your preference.

I have an M&P with a loose front dovetail cut in the slide where pretty much every front sight drifted out of position within 50 rounds. I just pressed it back in with a drop of Permatex 64000 sleeve retainer and it hasn't walked since. I think Dawson recommends Loctite 262 on their front and rear dovetailed sights. Perhaps using some type of appropriate strength sleeve retainer or threadlocker might work for those of you with Ameriglo rears that are walking under recoil.

I've been using 10-8 rear and not necessarily a huge fan of the U notch, but in this case, it didn't seem to matter much because the bottom of the notch is obstructed anyway when using RMR or HS 407CO on the FCD plate. Also wanted to mention that I've installed 3 of the 10-8 MOS .395 height rear sights and they all required some fitting and were so close to the top of the slide that they rubbed some finish at the top of the slide. This might be an issue for some people who aren't used to fitting sights. Because the fit to the top of the slide is so close, the method of sanding the bottom of the dovetail isn't going to work well. I had to fit each one by filing on the angled parts of the dovetail with a safe edge dovetail file, starting with some initial passes on an EZE-Lap diamond hone or with silicone carbide sandpaper backed by the file because of the hard melonite finish.

Been debating trying an SRO, which I've heard has a higher deck height. To those of you using Henie MOS sights, are they tall enough to be functional with an SRO on the FCD plate?
    Last edited by FreedomFries; 09-25-2021 at 05:50 PM.

User Tag List