Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brief Peek at the Forward Control Glock MOS Plate

Quote Originally Posted by tusk212 View Post
    I will be picking up one of their plates to go along with an Aimpoint ACRO P2 when they drop hopefully based on people with more knowledge than me speaking highly of them. I only have one experience with CHPWS regarding a 509T plate. My order arrived with everything but the plate. Screws, VC3, and literature all in the packaging, but no plate.
    I just got mine, it’s dual marked TD and FWC. I’m not sure who makes and who relabels, but it looks good. I’m hoping my P2 shows up before dirt nap time.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have run an FCD plate and SRO on my Carry Optics G34 for the last two seasons. It has probably 28-30k rounds on it, no issues at all.

Plus I have known Roger since the preban days on Arrcom, he’s a solid dude.

Wish they made one for the M&P 2.0 OR pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Totally. At least make one for the RMR/SRO. I think the market would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I emailed them begging for an M&P 2.0 OR plate. Roger himself wrote back at 1130pm saying they had gotten requests but they didn't have a plan for the M&P at this time. The prompt, professional
    and well after-hours response was refreshing.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Back in the days I was breaking a DP Pro every few weeks, for a while I thought a tight pocket enhanced optic durability. Turns out it was when the DP pro was made.

Any more, I have observed no relationship between a tight pocket and optic durability. Loctite, Fix it Sticks, and proper screws are important, though.
    The tight pocket might not do much for optic durability; however, keeping the optic from moving minimizes the force transferred to the screws. I've seen plenty of pictures of sheared screws with the OEM and CHPWS plates; I've yet to see mounting screws shear on a FCD plate. My two cents, but I think the FCD is the superior design.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    I have a simple policy - if I need a part and FCD is an option, that is what I buy. I've put a few thousand rounds through a 19.5MOS with FCD plate and have no complaints.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    CHWPS does seem to be struggling of late. It's sad to see.

I've had excellent results from the FCD MOS plate for the Acro. I've seen enough of their stuff in the wild to recommend them without hesitation.
    3/15/2016

Just mounted a 507c with the FCD plate- sight worked perfect with the plate, although I had to do some slight sanding to the plate to get it to fit into the MOS cut. Anyways, onward to sights: I want them to be as low as possible while being technically usable- as long as the tops of the sights are above the deck height, I don't care if the full depth of rear notch is visible. I was going to slap on some GL429's, but a few people have mentioned the rear walking. The Heinies are well regarded, but look a fair bit taller than what I'd prefer. Is 10-8 rear with Ameriglo .315 front the better option or something else?
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Just mounted a 507c with the FCD plate- sight worked perfect with the plate, although I had to do some slight sanding to the plate to get it to fit into the MOS cut. Anyways, onward to sights: I want them to be as low as possible while being technically usable- as long as the tops of the sights are above the deck height, I don't care if the full depth of rear notch is visible. I was going to slap on some GL429's, but a few people have mentioned the rear walking. The Heinies are well regarded, but look a fair bit taller than what I'd prefer. Is 10-8 rear with Ameriglo .315 front the better option or something else?
    I would take a look at this: https://cpcustomguns.com/product/tem...s-rds-back-up/ Just received my first set and am going to test them out.

User Tag List