Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brief Peek at the Forward Control Glock MOS Plate

I have FCD plates on both of my MOS Glocks; a 19 and a 45. I don’t shoot enough to have really wrung one all the way out yet, but I did put 952 rds through the G45 setup in a Gabe White class last weekend. The Ameriglo backup irons failed (rear drifted out to the edge of the dovetail) but the optic and plate were fine.

That said, my buddy @karmapolice probably has north of 20k through the same setup on a pair of G45’s with no issues (optic and plate-wise; he had the Ameriglo failure early on and switched to Heine. I didn’t listen then. I have now).

Name:  44C536EE-7375-44EB-A54C-AE50A196DA1F.jpg
Views: 1734
Size:  75.4 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I wonder if the reason they don’t list Holosun as approved is based on function or something else, like country of origin?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I wonder if the reason they don’t list Holosun as approved is based on function or something else, like country of origin?
    Think they list it on the website, inconsistency in their dimensions making it impossible to achieve Roger's consistent fit IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Dimensional inconsistency to get a nice tight fit. I asked.

Back in the days I was breaking a DP Pro every few weeks, for a while I thought a tight pocket enhanced optic durability. Turns out it was when the DP pro was made.

Any more, I have observed no relationship between a tight pocket and optic durability. Loctite, Fix it Sticks, and proper screws are important, though.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Forward Controls Design Glock MOS Mounting Plate for RMR/

I bought it last week, It's really helpful so far. Sight is to be fully supported in the front and rear by recoil lugs, with minimum movement.

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    That said, my buddy @karmapolice probably has north of 20k through the same setup on a pair of G45’s with no issues (optic and plate-wise; he had the Ameriglo failure early on and switched to Heine. I didn’t listen then. I have now).

Name:  44C536EE-7375-44EB-A54C-AE50A196DA1F.jpg
Views: 1734
Size:  75.4 KB
    Ive run Heinie straight eight ledge on every Glock I owned until I went MOS on Gen 5. I have a set of their short MOS from them on a 43x mos slided 43 with a swampfox sentinel i used to determine if the red dot was for me and they are perfect lower 1/3. I looked at the MOS sights for the gen 5 19 mos but they looked like absolute co-witness and I didnt pull the trigger( sorry couldn’t help it) so went Dawson and 10-8 but honestly am thinking about going to the heinies now that I have worked with the dot.
    Are those The Heinies on the pictured g19? I just help them up to see and bailed.

Quote Originally Posted by CHNEAL View Post
    Ive run Heinie straight eight ledge on every Glock I owned until I went MOS on Gen 5. I have a set of their short MOS from them on a 43x mos slided 43 with a swampfox sentinel i used to determine if the red dot was for me and they are perfect lower 1/3. I looked at the MOS sights for the gen 5 19 mos but they looked like absolute co-witness and I didnt pull the trigger( sorry couldn’t help it) so went Dawson and 10-8 but honestly am thinking about going to the heinies now that I have worked with the dot.
    Are those The Heinies on the pictured g19? I just help them up to see and bailed.
    Yep, Heinies on the G19 in that pic. They're a little taller than the Ameriglo GL470s, but shooting the dot I don't notice it and appreciate the extra security.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I will be picking up one of their plates to go along with an Aimpoint ACRO P2 when they drop hopefully based on people with more knowledge than me speaking highly of them. I only have one experience with CHPWS regarding a 509T plate. My order arrived with everything but the plate. Screws, VC3, and literature all in the packaging, but no plate.
    Using Tapatalk

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Yep, Heinies on the G19 in that pic. They're a little taller than the Ameriglo GL470s, but shooting the dot I don't notice it and appreciate the extra security.

Thank you. 2 sets inbound now.

User Tag List