Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brief Peek at the Forward Control Glock MOS Plate

Brief Peek at the Forward Control Glock MOS Plate

First off, I need to get out there, I'm not particularly impressed with CHPWS. I've now owned a few of their plates and while functional (for the most part) the customer service of the company is beyond lacking. Products shipped with the wrong screws, blaming the customer for not applying VC3 properly when the product was actually flawed with QC issue, proprietary secret screw sizes that they charge $8+shipping for two of, and internal e-mails trash talking their customers inadvertently sent to the customer...not a fan of #boomsquad .

Bearing that in mind, I went looking for an alternate solution for the Glock's MOS plates to recommend to our officers and for use myself. Someone I trust recommended Forward Control Design (FCD) and oh man, am I glad they did.

I bought their plate for the RMR/SRO. The retail cost of the plate was $68 (they offer and LE/Mil discount as well). I had a few questions and spoke to Roger Wang with FCD before placing my order. He was extremely prompt and straight forward. None of the shenanigans I've experienced or witnessed co-workers experience through the other company.

This is what arrived:

The plate itself is made of steel, not aluminum. As you can see, it comes with screws to mount the plate to the slide and screws to mount the optic to the plate. It also came with a Torx wrench and VC3 (which I don't use). The instructions were very clear. What I was particularly impressed by was the fact the screws were marked with what they actually are and with the torque values (well done).

The plate is very well machined and very well finished. It fit perfectly with a tad bit of friction into the MOS cut. I used Loctite 248 as the thread locker and torqued the plate to spec.

Next, I mounted the RMR. This was not just a snug drop in. It actually had some friction when placing it on the plate similar to when installing an RMR into a custom milled slide. The front of the plate actually wraps the front of the RMR a tad. Once pressed into place the RMR didn't budge. I turned the slide upside down prior to installing the screws and shook it. The optic was on the plate solid. Next, using Loctite 248 I installed the provided screws and torqued them to spec. I'm going to let it cure for a couple days before I take it to the range.

I have to say so far I'm really impressed. They make plates for the Glock MOS and for P320 and sell their products on their own and through TangoDown.

High quality and straightforward.

FCD is one of a few companies that has never failed to impress, both in product and CS. I actually just pulled the RMR off of mine for another use and kind of didn’t want to just because it’s a very elegant solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of the FC RMR plate. I have two, and if Glock ever brings the 26.5 MOS to the USA, I'll have another.

Your thoughts on CHPWS and impressions of the Forward Controls plate mirror mine 100%.

I have a couple FC plates that have been absolutely perfect with two Holosun 507c’s.

Also a big fan of the FCD RMR plate and I trust them more than C&H... but they don’t guarantee to work with Holosun which is really popular. I have one and have used it with a couple RMRs on a couple Glocks and the fit is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Your thoughts on CHPWS and impressions of the Forward Controls plate mirror mine 100%.

I have a couple FC plates that have been absolutely perfect with two Holosun 507c’s.
    Did you used the supplied screws? They had warning on their website regarding potential damage to the plate when mounting a Holosun.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Did you used the supplied screws? They had warning on their website regarding potential damage to the plate when mounting a Holosun.
    I will check and confirm later today (heading out to a match) but IIRC I used the screws supplied by Holosun to secure the optic to the plate, and the screws supplied by FC to attach the plate to the slide. Fit was very secure/snug, and I used Blue Loctite and a Wheeler FAT wrench set to 13 in lbs. I painted witness marks using nail polish on the optic screws and to date neither has moved. (G19 has about 180 rounds with the optic mounted; the G34 about 900).

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    What I was particularly impressed by was the fact the screws were marked with what they actually are and with the torque values (well done).
    This should become the industry standard. I hate standing there like a hog looking at a wristwatch when it's time to torque important stuff. I've taken to actually writing it on my rifles with a Sharpie.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    My second plate arrived yesterday and I haven’t even bought the pistol to put it on. I have almost 6k rounds through my G19 with my first one and its been perfect. I have a 26.5 at Jagerwerks now getting milled for an RMR and I kinda wish I had just waited for the MOS version so I could just to buy another FCD plate.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I will check and confirm later today (heading out to a match) but IIRC I used the screws supplied by Holosun to secure the optic to the plate, and the screws supplied by FC to attach the plate to the slide. Fit was very secure/snug, and I used Blue Loctite and a Wheeler FAT wrench set to 13 in lbs. I painted witness marks using nail polish on the optic screws and to date neither has moved. (G19 has about 180 rounds with the optic mounted; the G34 about 900).
    Confirmed:

Name:  2B1654CE-F1BE-437D-AFB3-45D45CC8A197.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  31.6 KB

User Tag List