Thread: One of my favorite gear hacks...

One of my favorite gear hacks...

How many of you keep a supply of Zip Ties with you in a gear bag or tool kit? How many of you would if there was an easy way to store them?
    Simply drop by your Walmart travel section and pick up a Travel Toothbrush Container for probably 99¢ and store a supply of Zip Ties inside it. Tape over the drain hole if the ties want to poke through.

Site Supporter
    Much better than a zip lock bag!!!

May I humbly suggest that if you are buying new for this endeavor you get a "clear" one that you can kind of see into?

I will shamelessly stealing this ideal for the tool box this weekend.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Thanks for that. Hopefully, others will respond to your post with equally helpful suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Much better than a zip lock bag!!!

May I humbly suggest that if you are buying new for this endeavor you get a "clear" one that you can kind of see into?

I will shamelessly stealing this ideal for the tool box this weekend.
    Any ideas to make it better are always appreciated... Mine is purple because that's what Walmart offered at the time but almost any travel or outdoor store has some kind of variation on the theme... I'm sure someone makes a clear version if that's what you want.

As for stealing the idea... That's why I posted it. No shame required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Thanks for that. Hopefully, others will respond to your post with equally helpful suggestions.
    I'm open to any more ideas/hacks that people have come up with. Could be a very interesting, informative, and useful thread.
    I'll try to add some more ideas as I remember them. A lot of my ideas are so ingrained into my kit that I forget I ever created them, lol.

@GearFondler: Genius, thanks. I was not able to get to WalMart but fortunately I had saved something similar that was perfect for this hack.

Name:  Cable_Tie_Tube.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  18.2 KB

Yes, Geissele.

Site Supporter
    I had an extra clear toothbrush holder lying around from Scout Camp Days.
    Great idea and Thank You!Name:  850CD9A0-66A5-47AB-A472-58B99DF14856.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  42.8 KB
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List