Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Minneapolis police changed after the George Floyd incident

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What, like dudes being on payroll?

When working organized crime in NYPD we couldn't ever notify them, because practically everywhere we went we knew of officers in that precinct on someone's payroll. Even the NYPD OC unit was leaky as a sieve, and we couldn't tell them about warrants until we were already set up on the target.

So, yeah, mistaken run-ins with patrol units and blue-on-blue was something that even today we would talk about at the brief; "good guy halo", can't tell the units in the area we were there, etc. Could all end poorly if the snowball starts rolling down the mountain.
    I think back in the early and mid 80's things were more parochial than they were later, and since, but there could be any number of reasons. Operational integrity, fear of bad actors in other agencies with jurisdiction, etc.

I've had the unfortunate experience of arresting one detective who was involved in a multi-national smuggling ring I was investigating, (which led to an implication, never brought to fruition by IA, of a guy I was on SRT with), as well as finding out that another detective I worked UC ops with was later arrested for being paid off by narco-traffickers.

So, there's a bit of everything in the stew, but absent evidence to the contrary, I think in the above instance it was either "failure to communicate" or the source had mentioned not to contact Hartford P.D. for reasons. (Now we know the reasons were to get us to kill one another.)

Anyway, not one of my happiest moments early in my career.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I worked the Hartford Correctional Center in the 80's ..

If I had a Dollar for every use of Force .. I had to write it would be a nice sum of cash.

It felt like ancient Rome .. I would listen to welcome to the Jungle very load on the way to work to get my mind in full violent mood.
    we where so understaffed at one point they had us working double shifts everyday for Months and call you on your days off.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Then the daily number of appointments available was 8-10 IIRC. There was a months long back up.
    That is how some reluctant county sheriffs were doing CHL applications when it was new in Ohio. Like it was "shall issue", three days a week, four hours a day. In some cases they had a legit complaint since they had a new function to staff, maybe a problem in some smaller counties, in the larger ones there was probably somebody on light duty that could deal with it. But some of them didn't agree with the new law so they were just being dicks about it.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Political content removed and made into it's own thread in the correct sub-forum
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Student
    Not-Reaching Pouches

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/ooc/new...e-castile.aspx
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    September 16, 2021

DPS Partners with Valerie Castile to Help Reduce Deadly Force Encounters
    Not-Reaching Pouches now Available for Citizens

ST. PAUL —“License and registration, please." It's what we expect to hear when law enforcement stops us for a moving violation.

But today, many motorists ask themselves when the appropriate time is to reach into their glove box, purse or back pocket for the information.

The Minnesota State Patrol, along with several law enforcement agencies across the state, want to make it easier for drivers to store the information and for law enforcement to see when motorists are reaching for documents.

It's called a “Not-Reaching Pouch." Its intent is to store a person's driver's license, and insurance card in a pouch that's kept in plain sight in the vehicle on an air vent or other visible location.

The Department of Public Safety (DPS) recently purchased some Not-Reaching Pouches, which were created by Valerie Castile in partnership with Jacquelyn Carter, to help reduce deadly force encounters between law enforcement and citizens during traffic stops.

The Minnesota State Patrol and other agencies hand out the pouches during community events and other contacts with citizens.

Participating agencies include:

Minnesota State Patrol
    Saint Paul Police
    Brooklyn Park Police
    Crystal Police
    Bloomington Police
    St. Louis Park Police
    Richfield Police
    Eagan Police
    St. Cloud Police
    University of Minnesota
    Rochester Police
    Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Office
    “We are continually looking for ways to reduce deadly force encounters as these instances can be catastrophic for police officers, and community members ," said DPS Assistant Commissioner Booker Hodges. “By working together with Ms. Castile, who has tirelessly advocated for these since her son was killed in a deadly force encounter with law enforcement, we are hoping these pouches help in some way reduce these instances, even if it's just one."
    https://twitter.com/MnDPS_DPS/status...112721414?s=19
    https://www.facebook.com/MnPublicSafety/

Site Supporter
    Interesting idea but the only way I'd consider using it is if I could legally keep 2 copies of my DL.
    What a PITA to think about moving my DL out of my wallet every time I get behind the wheel.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"Not-Reaching Pouches, which were created by Valerie Castile in partnership with Jacquelyn Carter..."

Being old enough to remember things that have come and gone has advantages:

Name:  UPC5029-2T.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  58.2 KB

https://www.mooneyesusa.com/Nostalgi...-p/upc5029.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    "Not-Reaching Pouches, which were created by Valerie Castile in partnership with Jacquelyn Carter..."

Being old enough to remember things that have come and gone has advantages:

Name:  UPC5029-2T.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  58.2 KB

https://www.mooneyesusa.com/Nostalgi...-p/upc5029.htm
    I remember seeing those a long time ago.

User Tag List