Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 509T MOS plate?

Ameriglo 408 rear and 285 front combination is even lower and works with the 509t/c&h mos combo. I switched from a 429 set to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phred View Post
    The Holosun plate is steel, and will sit the 509T slightly lower. The C&H plate is aluminum…I prefer steel.
    Yeah that was my line of thinking as well. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spelingmastir View Post
    Ameriglo 408 rear and 285 front combination is even lower and works with the 509t/c&h mos combo. I switched from a 429 set to this.
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but do you have any pics of this setup? Would that combo be a better choice over the 429s for a 509t on the steel Holosun plate?

Is there any advantage to a "higher" cowitness for a shooter new to pistol red dots or is lower generally better?

Quote Originally Posted by sparky-kb View Post
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but do you have any pics of this setup? Would that combo be a better choice over the 429s for a 509t on the steel Holosun plate?

Is there any advantage to a "higher" cowitness for a shooter new to pistol red dots or is lower generally better?
    I believe lower is better. BUIS are for back up, and lower sights obscure less of the display, effectively making the display larger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’ve since switched to a CNC Pros plate which is steel and even lower than the C&H plate. I still use the same sight combo and have a slightly better iron sight picture. I considered switching to a 0.250 10-8 rear/Heinie .250 front combo that I have on an RMR cut slide but it would probably be a marginal sight picture. I’ll post pics.

Quote Originally Posted by spelingmastir View Post
    I’ve since switched to a CNC Pros plate which is steel and even lower than the C&H plate. I still use the same sight combo and have a slightly better iron sight picture. I considered switching to a 0.250 10-8 rear/Heinie .250 front combo that I have on an RMR cut slide but it would probably be a marginal sight picture. I’ll post pics.
    Do you think a .355 rear and .280 front would provide a usable sight picture with the Holosun or CNC Pros plates since they sit a little lower? Specifically the Amerigo GL-424 for the rear.

Do you think a .355 rear and .280 front would provide a usable sight picture with the Holosun or CNC Pros plates since they sit a little lower? Specifically the Amerigo GL-424 for the rear.
    I think the iron sight picture would be fine. I like the irons to be as low as possible and still be usable, of course with a good zero.

Name:  509t back.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  14.7 KBName:  509 side.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  91.6 KB Pics of my setup

I wish someone made a P365XL to 509T adapter lol

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I wish someone made a P365XL to 509T adapter lol
    Get the EPS! Don't need an adapter and it's enclosed.

User Tag List