Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else running CFE Pistol?

Anyone else running CFE Pistol?

Just curious. Got some as the LGS didn't have my beloved Titegroup.

I'm really starting to like it. Seeing great results in 9mm with 5.3gr under a 124gr FMJ, and in .40, 7.0gr under an Everglades 155gr plated FP.

It's on it's way to becoming one of my "preferred".

Wondering what others' experiences are.

Site Supporter
    I went through a pound of it and liked it. It’s like Unique that meters well. I had a box of 1k 180-grain RNL .40 from way back and decided to load them with it. 5.8 grains gave 979 fps from my M&P40; 180-grain HSTs run 980 fps, so I figured I had my practice load. It’s very close in burn rate to BE-86, which I settled on because I could get eight-pound jugs at that point in time.

I like it for the PCC and comp gun loads, has worked well in 10mm too.

In normal loads I don't like the recoil impulse of slow burning powder like it
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Its the only powder I've ever used but 3k rounds of 9mm loaded, I'm happy with it. I'd just like more load data like TG has but I know it's a fairly new powder.

5.4gr and 124gr projectiles run in every 9mm I own including my cz scorpion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I've used it quite a bit and like it for smaller cased cartridges, say .45 Auto and under. It's not bad for .38 wadcutters, but was position sensitive for SWC. Too much case volume to too little powder volume, although of course there are work arounds for that if you've got to adapt.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

It was all a friend could find in the previous political shortages and now he prefers it to 231.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    It was all a friend could find in the previous political shortages and now he prefers it to 231.
    For what caliber? I have used it a bit in .45, and the recommended starting grain recipe for 200gr LSWC, 7.4gr, is quite hot to me.

He loads 9mm with CFE-P
    I hadn't looked at .45; a starting load at 1000+ fps, good grief. Note that Hodgdon shows a jacketed 200 gr with much lighter loads and lower velocity.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    The factory-equivalent load I used for my .40 S&W practice ammo (5.8 grains under a 180-grain RNL) is .1 grains under the recommended starting load. I’m using lead projectiles, but that’s still some pretty stout data from Hodgdon.

User Tag List