Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else running CFE Pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    He loads 9mm with CFE-P
    I hadn't looked at .45; a starting load at 1000+ fps, good grief. Note that Hodgdon shows a jacketed 200 gr with much lighter loads and lower velocity.
    I have 300 loaded up, they are flinch inducing lol.

Did some more shooting with it yesterday (.40, G23, my 155gr load), and it does seem a hair snappier than wheeln running TG or HP38.

Really flinging my brass into orbit. Damn shame I don't have access to a chrono.

Doin' all right though, shot a BILL Drill with one shot out of the -0 in 2.82.

I think CFE pistol is fantastic for the 9mm , I use HP-38 for low range to mid-range velocities and CFE for mid-range to high range velocities loads and gives the best deviation between shots on a chronograph than any powder I have used . Burns clean and meters very good .
    I tend to shoot either plinkers or all out loads in the .40 and 10 mm so it's HP-38 and Longshot for me . I think CFE is a little too fast for the .40 and 10mm as I once was coronagraphing 10 mm and I went WHOA before even looking at the coronagraph from a spike in pressure . So when I use CFE with .40 or 10 mm I keep a 3 or 4 tenths below Max.

User Tag List