Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Carry your gear

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It makes me smile that I am not the only one here on p-f to think of that.

On topic: Thanks Tom for posting a reminder to carry your damn gun.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    The first time I listened to one of Jack Carr's podcasts, he had a lady named Amy Robbins who has a business called Alexo Athletica which specializes in " fashionable, functional carrywear." On the podcast she said something about developing stuff for men but I don't see anything at this time. However, the ladies on the forum and anyone who identifies as female may find something of interest?
    Hmm, if it provides a solution to a specific weapon-concealment need, especially in a non-permissive environment, maybe “identifying” as female, or non-binary, could be situationally advantageous. When I was a kid, I remember a homicide detective, who was a member of our church, remarking that he wished purses would become fashionable for men, so he could use one to carry his handgun. Of course, forty to fifty+ years later, weapon-concealment purses for men are normal; just not being called “purses.”

I remember when some business establishments would want me to leave my “portfolio brief” at the front counter, or with a manager, when women could (usually) freely enter with a large purse, of about the same size. I ran into the same problem when I started toting a laptop, which was before there were “notebook” laptops. Finally, laptop bags/cases/backpacks became so common, places stopped requiring men to check most bags at the door. (I know that large backpacks will present a problem, at some places, which is why I do not tote my LAW-folder-ed DDM4 V7P, while at the local shopping plaza.)

To get to female-specific clothing, well, I bought Dene Adams semi-compression-type shorts, for my wife to use, for concealed carry. There are holster pockets, and other pockets, built into the waistband. The stretch factor makes them look pretty unisex, to me, and are well-made, making most “belly band” rigs look crude. Of course, women can wear such shorts, without another layer over them, socially acceptably. If any of us guys are bold enough to “wear women’s underwear,” as an inner layer, or as the only layer, well:

https://deneadams.com/
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

@Rex G

Back in the late 80's early 90's in Miami, the easiest way to spot a fed, (ATF, DEA, Customs, etc), was to look for the leather purse man-bag / clutch. It was a dead giveaway and guys had to stop using them for that reason.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

A really good way for a man to carry a bag, and not alarm folks, is to also sling a camera, as deceptive camouflage. Some places, of course, do not allow photography, so will have kittens if they see a camera that is visible. Capping the lens opening, and putting the lens away, assuages the worries of at least some security types.

A nice bag, though I made the mistake of ordering black, which really shows dirt and pet hair:

https://leicastoremiami.com/products...11365339398188

This is what I would wanna carry, if I wanna be femme. I got one, as a gift, for my wife, and I am envious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV--9slHIek
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Pre-workout is a hell of a drug.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @Rex G

Back in the late 80's early 90's in Miami, the easiest way to spot a fed, (ATF, DEA, Customs, etc), was to look for the leather purse man-bag / clutch. It was a dead giveaway and guys had to stop using them for that reason.
    The feds really do ruin everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    which is why I do not tote my LAW-folder-ed DDM4 V7P, while at the local shopping plaza.
    Dead man walking.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The feds really do ruin everything.
    Worse yet, those guys wore loafers with no socks.

Oh, the humanity!!!

(Thankfully, yours truly resisted this insidious trend.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Worse yet, those guys wore loafers with no socks.
    Name:  nosocks.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  94.2 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List