Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Multi-tool?

Site Supporter
    Leatherman Wave, Skeletool, and Micra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I’ve had some Gerbers that I used a lot. Couldn’t tell you where they are today. I’ve got a Victorinox Tinker I bought in 1998 that has been all over the world. I mostly use a Victorinox Executive daily now, but once in a while the Tinker comes back to work, and I really like my 2007 Soldier.

The size, portability, realistic toolset, and low profile nature of the Victorinox (nobody with a functioning brain thinks an Executive or the even littler keychain tool is actually a weapon, and most won’t think that of the pocketknife sized ones either) just fit my daily work-a-day life very well.

I think I have three or so Executives. Because they’re little and I sometimes forget where I put the one I’m using, so I get out another one and get a happy surprise when I find the usual one a week or a month later.

Original Leatherman PST. I've had others, but it's not big or bulky, and it gets the job done. If I had to replace it, Leatherman now makes the Bond which is very similar.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Unless in dress pants, a Leatherman Skeletool or Skeletool CX is in my pocket. I always have one spare at home too after losing one a few years ago and having to wait to get a new one in the mail. I can’t be without for that long! I’m pretty sure there’s also one in my desk drawer at work, and until recent,y replacing it with a Wingman there was one in my briefcase too. In actual use there’s really nothing the Wingman does that the Skeletool doesn’t, but I like the scissors the Wingman has.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    I have a Gerber Multi-plier I keep on my chest rig that I never wear (but is there if the sky falls). I've had it 20+ years and it works well when I dig it out for some use or another.

Daily though, I carry a Boker version of a SAK I won in a Karma giveaway here. I carry it in addition to a Benchmade folder. The SAK is used for tool stuff as I previously had a bad habit of using my regular pocket knife as a screwdriver, pry bar, can opener, etc. The SAK has all the functionality I need day to day and is lighter and less bulky than the larger Gerber Multi-plier.

I have a leatherman in each car and shooting bags. Wave, Core, Pulse, Rebar. I used to carry the Pulse or Juice S2 daily but found that I rarely used the pliers and the extra weight wasn't worth it. For the last 2 years I've edc'd a Victorinox Ranger 91mm in addition to a one hander, usually a Spyderco lockback.
    Adam

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I have a Gerber Multi-plier I keep on my chest rig that I never wear (but is there if the sky falls). I've had it 20+ years and it works well when I dig it out for some use or another.

Daily though, I carry a Boker version of a SAK I won in a Karma giveaway here. I carry it in addition to a Benchmade folder. The SAK is used for tool stuff as I previously had a bad habit of using my regular pocket knife as a screwdriver, pry bar, can opener, etc. The SAK has all the functionality I need day to day and is lighter and less bulky than the larger Gerber Multi-plier.
    I have one of those Bokers, too. Nice knife.

I've been using a Leatherman Skeletool CX for a few years now. Turns out most of the time either I don't really need more than a knife, pliers and a screwdriver, or it's time to go grab some proper tools.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

The Victorinox Spirit is the best made multi-tool, in my opinion. I wish they'd sell them with one hand opening blades and a pocket clip. You get quality but not the innovation of others.

The old Leatherman Sideclip might still be my favorite with just what you need and a handy clip. The newer Leatherman tools aren't the same.

By far the most used piece of kit I carry daily is a Leatherman Squirt. Which punches way above its weight class in terms of function and use. I used it three times at work just yesterday.

For range bag/guns though - the Multitasker is my go to. Worth it.

User Tag List