Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kytex mag pouches?

Kytex mag pouches?

Who's using then and what do you think so far? They're minimalist and inexpensive from what I see. The site says they'll work for belts up to 1.75. Anyone running them on a 1.5" and if so are they floppy?

Been using them for over a year. Retention is great, works very well on 1.5-1.75 belts. I use both depending on holster being used that day.

If you want to try one out and have a m&p 9/40 I'd be happy to loan you one.

Even the double mag carrier is concealable and hugs close to the body.

They do sit a Tad lower on the belt line but I have not found it to be a issue with my attire and have not had to dress around them.

ETA: in my experience they are snug on the belt and do not move during normal daily activities, now in a clinch redirecting a tards attitude and going to hip through him for his Starbucks ranting they will probably need to repositioned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by JM Campbell; 08-05-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    AKA: SkyLine1

I use them for EDC/USPSA/IPDA

I wear a 1.5" volund atlas belt. Very tight fit, no wiggle and no flop. They cant the top of the mag into the body and have a very firm springlike retention, but still release the mags easily when wanted.

I highly recommend them, the owner is fast to respond to emails and is a good guy to boot.

Buy with confidence.

I use the g19 mag holders for g19 mags and g17 mags.
    OEF Vet
    Reading and Learning

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post

ETA: in my experience they are snug on the belt and do not move during normal daily activities, now in a clinch redirecting a tards attitude and going to hip through him for his Starbucks ranting they will probably need to repositioned.
    Man everybody assumes I'm a troublemaker!!

Thanks for the offer Skyline, I appreciate it. I think what I may do is order the current crop of "bikini" mag pouches and compare them to one another. From what I see that would by Kytex, the CCC BMC, and then the Ready Tactical mag pouch. Any others out there?

Kobelson sp? They will be discontinued the end of the month though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

I know Kyle Defoor was using one of his carbine pouches at a class, and at least one of my friends picked one up and was pleased with it.

Im waiting for him to make one for the PPS, there is a post on TPI that said he may consider making them if he got a few requests and I sent him an email
    Pittsburgh, PA host for www.aliastraining.com , and www.shivworks.com

www.anti-fragile.net

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Thanks for the offer Skyline, I appreciate it. I think what I may do is order the current crop of "bikini" mag pouches and compare them to one another. From what I see that would by Kytex, the CCC BMC, and then the Ready Tactical mag pouch. Any others out there?
    CCC pouches are really hard to beat.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I agree with the above positive comments wholeheartedly.

Just got mine last week. Been wearing two every day. Verdict: Very nice item. Stay put easily on my 1.5 WT belt but I can move them if I wish to.

Have to admit that I was skeptical about how well they would retain the magazines since they don't have any adjustability like so many other brands do. After just a few days of working with them my fears have been put to rest.

Great product!
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

I have a Kytex mag pouch on my 1.5" Volund Gearworks ATLAS belt.

Not floppy.

This picture shows the difference in ride height with my (retired) Mitch Rosen mag pouch.

Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

SN,

Ive got some Glock CCC's that I can send you, I dont like them at all. I spoke with the Kytex guy and he said he could mold the mag pouch to a 1.5'' belt but it would set 1/4 lower on the belt, I think that would be a good thing. I just have not ordered them yet.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

User Tag List