Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Glock 42 Reliability

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    Do you seriously propose that as actual consideration criteria for pocket carry?
    I agree. That would be a strange criteria.

It’s definitely possible to put too much pistol in a pocket, such that it becomes difficult to draw quickly and cleanly. I have pants where I can quickly and cleanly pocket draw a LCP or LCR, but a P365 is too big.

My pocket carry battery is a LCP, G42 or P365. P365 is pretty big and heavy for this purpose, and many pant’s pockets are insufficient.

Duluth Firehose pants are awesome for pocket carry. I can carry any of the above pistols in these pants pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    What kind of range are you expecting to engage with a pocket pistol as a civilian?

J frames are very accurate

If you anticipate engaging tangos at 15 to 45 yards, I’d highly recommend a full-size carry gun

I have a brand new 42 with around 500 g through it and I get random malfunctions so if it runs with certain ammo, but not with others, or if it works with some people, but not with others it makes me think it’s on the very edge of reliability….. doesn’t seem like a good defensive tool. It’s too bad because it’s very shootable.

The 42 is not a pocket pistol it’s a holster pistol. And for those of you who say the 42 is just fine get your buddy to get a set of boxing gloves and on go have them start punching you in the face as fast as they can and see which gun you can get out easier. (Vs a J frame)
    I don't know what kind of sadomasochistic drills y'all run, but I'll stick to more conventional training methods.

The reasons rethinking the Airweight are pretty simple; the wife hates shooting it and tbh I do as well. I prefer a faster reload and using a dedicated pocket holster for an automatic has never been an issue for me. Plus, I would rather have a pistol I can call shots at 25 yards than wonder where some wadcutter may end up. I thought about going with a steel J-frame, but that's a belt gun and I'll be happier with a P30 if a belt is required. Ultimately, I just like .380ACP and the G42 just is a dandy little pistol.

Back to the reliability aspect, I noticed the old Fiocchi was Italian made whereas the Range Dynamics is made here in the States. I've always skipped both .32ACP and .380ACP that is American made since the Europeans seem to load it correctly. Still don't know if it was a break in issue or just ammo issue. I plan on trying to keep this thread updated and make this my primary project gun. Probably will still keep the Airweight though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    I don't know what kind of sadomasochistic drills y'all run, but I'll stick to more conventional training methods.

The reasons rethinking the Airweight are pretty simple; the wife hates shooting it and tbh I do as well. I prefer a faster reload and using a dedicated pocket holster for an automatic has never been an issue for me. Plus, I would rather have a pistol I can call shots at 25 yards than wonder where some wadcutter may end up. I thought about going with a steel J-frame, but that's a belt gun and I'll be happier with a P30 if a belt is required. Ultimately, I just like .380ACP and the G42 just is a dandy little pistol.

Back to the reliability aspect, I noticed the old Fiocchi was Italian made whereas the Range Dynamics is made here in the States. I've always skipped both .32ACP and .380ACP that is American made since the Europeans seem to load it correctly. Still don't know if it was a break in issue or just ammo issue. I plan on trying to keep this thread updated and make this my primary project gun. Probably will still keep the Airweight though.
    Mine has had issues with AE and Lawman as well as others if it helps. However, no problems with critical defense or XTP loaded underwood.

User Tag List