Name:  67A50FCC-7138-4AEB-9CCF-EFD581EEA408.jpg
Views: 2066
Size:  88.3 KB

Going to test:
    P365 SAS (ported)
    P365X with PMM comp
    P365 with Razorback and Armory Craft comp
    P365XL for control

The AC comp is quite heavy and I would imagine that might help muzzle rise more than the PMM.

I don’t have any issue with a stock P365X recoil management

Or on defensive drills

But if some is good, could more be better?

I did like both the sighting system and the soft recoil of the SAS.

Any requests?

Was going to chrono the different barrels.
    The ported SAS likely loses a little over stock.
    The PMM barrel is barely longer than a stock barrel.
    The True barrel is about the length of an XL (Lawman makes minor power factor).

Compensator efficacy is a hard thing to objectively test so likely it be some combination of impressions.

Likely with a side video.

Any other requests?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Was going to chrono the different barrels.
    The ported SAS likely loses a little over stock.
    The PMM barrel is barely longer than a stock barrel.
    The True barrel is about the length of an XL (Lawman makes minor power factor).

Compensator efficacy is a hard thing to objectively test so likely it be some combination of impressions.

Likely with a side video.

Any other requests?
    I imagine that one way to see the effectiveness of a comp (on top of the usual numbers like splits) is to show the variance in muzzle rise. Can that be done with a video shooting from the side of the gun?
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-męme, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

That PPM on a non-XL fits XL leather?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I would be curious how the different comps compared with no comp at all compared to each other with wider spectrum of ammo. For instance the ultra light high velocity 68 grain Lehigh defender compared with 90 gr and 104gr Norma vs standard loadings in 115,124, and subsonic 147s. Will any of them have a greater effect with the larger comp vs the smaller comp? Do they even run the slide well? Might be a challenge to get the ammo these days.

Site Supporter
    Although the proposed test is already interesting, perhaps adding some tests of the same pistol with and without the comp?

Also, I would be curious about the extent to which the comps would cause problems with shooting from retention. Is there a safe way to determine the safe minimum distance from the ports and/or the safe minimum cant angle to direct the gases away from the shooter’s body? Perhaps holding paper near the ports at different angular positions and distances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

At the range of the first video are we really seeing anything that is specifically 365? At that range it's really just you're trigger finger moving.

I'm not saying it's not good but .12 or 16 splits at that distance has nothing to do with the gun.

Just remember though, not to outrun your headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    At the range of the first video are we really seeing anything that is specifically 365? At that range it's really just you're trigger finger moving.

I'm not saying it's not good but .12 or 16 splits at that distance has nothing to do with the gun.
    I disagree.

Without a killer grip and excellent isolation you can’t execute the short reset accuracy needed for sub-18 splits.

The part that is specific to the P365 is the recoil control on a small gun.

I’m not sure if I’m making sense.

I’ll try and explain it a different way:

If a gun didn’t recoil and triggers had zero length reset… 0.12-0.16 splits would only be trigger finger moving and be independent of the gun.

But in real life, those two things heavily influence the ability to split.

So in that regard, the recoil characteristics of a micro gun and length of trigger reset required is much more challenging than shooting a larger / heavier gun with an SA trigger.

I never wound up doing the comparison test with comps because SQUIRREL!

Another example

@03RN

Another example:

If splits were gun independent, why can’t we all split 12s with a J frame shooting 357 magnum?

It's absolutely gun dependent. Both for recoil management and recoil of the firearm to have a stable trigger finger position as well as the trigger characteristics (weight, length of pull, overtravel and reset).

A number of things have to be done well and properly in order to even have chances at 12s.

That I could only do 17-19s previously (with that gun) as an internal control suggests that my recoil management has improved through GM training even if I don't regularly practice with my carry gun.

Imagine the following scenario:

I type at around 75 words per minute on average. But the type of keyboard absolutely matters. The Apple laptop keyboards are like 1911 triggers. Short stroke, good feedback, minimal travel. Crisp engagement and return. Makes it easy to dance along the keyboard.

At work we have some of the rubber covered hygienic keyboards that are the equivalent of a Taurus Curve trigger. They suck and take more force, deeper press, slow reset.

Now also imagine that you're trying to type 75 words per minute while riding in a car. How bumpy the car is will absolutely affect your ability to be millimeter accurate at speed.

If you type 20 wpm, none of that matters. It ceases to have anything to do with the keyboard because your mechanics are the limiting factor. That's the equivalent of someone shooting 0.30+ splits. Nothing about the gun matters because anything will settle in that time frame.

Tracking dots at 15-18 is well within my skillset. I can do it with transitions at that speed.

Last edited by JCN; 11-11-2021 at 12:27 PM.

I do understand where you're coming from. I just think that you shooting the p365 as well as you do isn't as impressive as you're trying to make it. Which I mean as a compliment. Does that make sense?

I just expect you to. The 365 grip and trigger make it one of the easier tiny guns to shoot fast and of course your abilities will carry over to it.

User Tag List