Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Girsan Hi-Power clone announced

I like the idea of an optics equipped Hi-Power, but really don't want to have my Browning chopped on.
    This may be a way to do just that, but without ruining the original.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Oh, dang. If this pistol is all Browning P35 spec'ed I'm all in. I could even accept the giant 'MADE IN TURKEY" stamp on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I like the idea of an optics equipped Hi-Power, but really don't want to have my Browning chopped on.
    This may be a way to do just that, but without ruining the original.
    Something along these lines?

MK3 Firearms
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hopefully these will be a market success. At least enough of a success to stick around awhile. LKCI didn't seem to have much luck with the Regent BR9 for whatever reason. The Regent seemed to generate some market interest but they just couldn't pull it all together for some reason.

Anyway, I'm glad to see this version appears to have corrected that funky grip tang radius on the other Turkish gun. Hopefully they did other stuff right like across the board parts compatibility and sight dovetails based on the late FN pattern and not the weird Novak but not Novak of the other gun.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Link to EAA site:

https://eaacorp.com/product/girsan-mc-p35/#iLightbox

I wonder if this one will have the firing pin block.

Site Supporter
    I remember reading this about the Tisas BR9:

"The Tisas Extractor Claw design has been modified, apparently to accommodate dimensional deviations in the Tisas HP slide that do not conform to the Hi Power’s original blueprints. A fracture in this part, at the area where the Tisas Extractor’s Claw meets the body of the Extractor, occurred within the first 1,000 rounds of testing (see picture bellow)."

https://bhspringsolutions.com/index....hi-power-test/

They show the difference in the extractors, on that page.

I kinda took at as, "Okay, it's not actually a 100% honest copy." I guess I'd be open to a non-FN Hi Power--as long as I knew it was a legit clone.

Some decent pics contained in this link.

https://www.guns.com/news/reviews/a-...hi-power-clone

Site Supporter
    Well, it didn't have any FTEs. I also saw something about a 10,000 round endurance test at the end of the video.

Do we think this one may be closer to actual FN spec than the SA-35 or the Tisas?

User Tag List