Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Girsan Hi-Power clone announced

Site Supporter

New Girsan Hi-Power clone announced

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...girsan-mc-p35/

Thoughts? I don't know much about Girsan other than what I skimmed over in the review thread posted here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Girsan-Regard

Of any guns that I regret selling, a pristine low round count MKIII Hi-Power is at the top of my list. I think I bought it for $500 from a small dealer at a gun show, and I was happy with the profit when I sold it for a couple hundred more when I was going back to Glocks. I've been yearning for a Hi-Power ever since they were discontinued. I've been seeing beat up Israelis and FMs going for $500 to $600 lately, but street price for these seems to be just over $400. At that price, I might be willing to overlook the billboard urging me to RTFM.

Hopefully, Cylinder & Slide will offer a similar package for these as they do for the Tisas copies.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    When I hold my MKIII… I’m inclined to ask why the world needed another service pistol.

I think it’s cool the world is getting another P35 option. Still, I would of course prefer the genuine article. Are these “licensed” copies? I don’t think the Tisas version was (is). Not sure about the FEGs.

About 15 years ago, I bought a new model FNH Hi-Power. I had a smith put new tritium sights, stipple the grips, put on nice wood grips, do a trigger job and refinished it with Robar. I gave it to one of my closest friends for a big birthday of his. They were like $500 back then. I loved that gun, but I loved him more. Now that fucking SOB won't sell it back to me every time I see him. I leave his house every time screaming: "I hate you! See you for dinner next week". These days you can't a decent shooter without paying 3 times that much. If one shows up at my LGS, I'm buying it.

I like this clone, but it has the meat tenderizing hammer...

It is not a licensed copy, the patents expired eons ago and the turks have a thing for cloning guns. It looks pretty similar though, and probably can take the original or existing aftemarket parts.

A CZ75 is a much better practical option.

Glad to see a version back in production. If as previously mentioned C&S will adapt their parts for it, or better yet like the Argy FM clones it is so close to original spec it accepts the C&S parts that will tempt me to buy one as another project gun.

Wasn't there another one a few years ago or was that just under a different importer?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Nothing against Cylinder & Slide, but even with their excellent reputation and history wth the High Power, these days I'd send it to BH Spring Solutions first for a thorough analysis and re-do as necessary. My major concern with Girsan/Tisas (or for that matter ANY of the High Power clones) is 1) the intrinsic quality of the metallurgy, 2) the manufacturing quality, 3) the intrinsic quality and dimensions of the components, and 4) the manufacturer's aftermarket support.

Best, Jo

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Nothing against Cylinder & Slide, but even with their excellent reputation and history wth the High Power, these days I'd send it to BH Spring Solutions first for a thorough analysis and re-do as necessary. My major concern with Girsan/Tisas (or for that matter ANY of the High Power clones) is 1) the intrinsic quality of the metallurgy, 2) the manufacturing quality, 3) the intrinsic quality and dimensions of the components, and 4) the manufacturer's aftermarket support.

Best, Jo
    That whacky The Yankee Marshall on YouTube switched all of his High Power parts into a Tisas, and I think all but one fit and functioned. BH Springs suggests replacing a few Tisas parts that wear quickly. I was this close to buying one, but then they disappeared.

The original BHP nor any of the clones are "Mass Approved" which means a dealer can only sell ones that were made pre-1994 and in the state pre-1994. I can get one through a private sale but they're rare and expensive. Then I saw an Argentine copy at my local dealer on Tueaday. He wanted (seller was asking) $1200. I thought maybe I'd make an offer. Went in today and it was gone. Someone paid asking price.

I wish I could get an importer to submit a version of Mass compliance.

User Tag List