Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Girsan Hi-Power clone announced

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I don’t get the Indiana Jones reference. I thought he had either a .44 N-frame or a Webley.
    He had a Hi Power in the bar in Nepal.

I don’t get the Indiana Jones reference. I thought he had either a .44 (or .455) N-frame or a Webley.
    For the most part that is correct. But during the Nepal bar shootout and later on board the M/V Bantu Wind he packs a BHP.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

May 2022 issue of American Rifleman had a decent write-up on the Girsan. The gun ran fine for the author and proved to be decently accurate. I think the best group at 25 yards was 2.5" with most being 3" to 3.5" Overall.

It may have been mentioned in the article but I'm curious about the sights. Does the Girsan use FN MKIII dovetails? It would be nice if this is the case since some aftermarket options are available.

I do find it interesting that the Girsan appears to lift the firing pin block right out of the FN. Springfield skipped this with the SA-35. It would seem a heavier firing pin spring would be the easier workaround from a machining standpoint, etc.

Curious to see how these guns are over the long haul and if they are consistent from batch to batch, etc. I don't really need one but I might pick one up at some point. Especially if I can find a decent price on a used one or something.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I do find it interesting that the Girsan appears to lift the firing pin block right out of the FN. Springfield skipped this with the SA-35. It would seem a heavier firing pin spring would be the easier workaround from a machining standpoint, etc.
    Might that have something to do with import rules?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Might that have something to do with import rules?
    Maybe although I don't believe the Tisas has an active firing pin block.

Not aluminum frame as he says at about two minutes in. Pretty sure these are steel frame.

I disagree when he says the Hi-Power is under sung throughout history. Just because it may not be as well known as the Glock or 1911 in the US doesn't mean one of the most successful handgun designs in world history is under sung.

Anyway:

It looks like EAA has officially announced a couple new models. Both with an adjustable rear sight and beavertail. One with a rail and one without.

I don't like the looks of the beavertail. It seems overly long. But it probably wouldn't be a huge deal to saw half an inch off and then clean things up with a file and some sandpaper.

https://eaacorp.com/product/girsan-mc-p35-match-ops/

^^^^^

Most of the high-end custom beavertails added to BHPs look long....until the hammer is cocked.

I'm not sure why they don't have at least one photograph showing that.

Here's one review of the OPS one:

"It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Now available with optic cut:

https://eaacorp.com/product/girsan-mc-p35-optic/#

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Now available with optic cut:

https://eaacorp.com/product/girsan-mc-p35-optic/#

Probably won't buy it, but it does bring a smile to my face.

It's time to drag the p35 by it's ears into the future.

Behold ye church of JMB and despair!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User Tag List