Thread: Apex Kit in G43X: Not exactly plug and play

Apex Kit in G43X: Not exactly plug and play

I've never used aftermarket ignition parts in any Glock I own but I wanted to see if a flat faced trigger would help me shoot my 43X better. I found an Apex kit at a local shop and installed it in my pistol. Here's what I discovered:

1. Apex trigger bar assembly + Apex connector: Striker won't fall. Trigger resets.
    2. Apex trigger bar assembly + factory Minus connector: trigger works normally.
    3. Factory trigger bar assembly + Apex connector: trigger works normally.

I did try bending the Apex connector and the striker still wouldn't release when paired with the Apex trigger bar. Interestingly enough, using just either one of the Apex parts seems to provide a softer break. The break is still more Gen 4 than Gen 5 but it is easier to roll through the wall. So far, I've stuck with the Apex trigger and factory connector combo and like how the flat trigger feels in dry practice. Will have to wait for month's end to hit the range.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    I've never used aftermarket ignition parts in any Glock I own but I wanted to see if a flat faced trigger would help me shoot my 43X better. I found an Apex kit at a local shop and installed it in my pistol. Here's what I discovered:

1. Apex trigger bar assembly + Apex connector: Striker won't fall. Trigger resets.
    2. Apex trigger bar assembly + factory Minus connector: trigger works normally.
    3. Factory trigger bar assembly + Apex connector: trigger works normally.

I did try bending the Apex connector and the striker still wouldn't release when paired with the Apex trigger bar. Interestingly enough, using just either one of the Apex parts seems to provide a softer break. The break is still more Gen 4 than Gen 5 but it is easier to roll through the wall. So far, I've stuck with the Apex trigger and factory connector combo and like how the flat trigger feels in dry practice. Will have to wait for month's end to hit the range.
    I would highly recommend you contact Apex - they will take care of you. They had awesome CS in my interaction with them.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I would highly recommend you contact Apex - they will take care of you. They had awesome CS in my interaction with them.
    I did and told them that returning the parts or having them send me a new set is a no-go as I live overseas. Despite being unable to use the entire kit, I’m pleased with how the trigger bar alone has improved things. If it proves reliable in live fire, I can’t complain.

User Tag List