Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major wind storm

Major wind storm

We just had a major weather event. High winds, about 50-60 mph and torrential rains. Rivers in the area are flood stage plus. I don't expect any major flooding here but the winds have done some damage. My neighbor just called me about a tree that fell on his 40x60 shop. Destroyed the roof. I'm going over there tomorrow to see how I can help move some stuff. His son has lots of equipment in there that he uses for a metal art business with several plasma cutting tables. I guess I'll see what I can do to help but I think he needs a contractor who can start yesterday. Good luck after a major storm. I guess people who live in FL are used to this.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

We had a major wind/rain storm in September. Massive amount of water! There's still plenty of free firewood laying on the side of the roads. If one was determined enough one could probably get at least a years worth

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    It looks awful over there, especially up north. Stay safe.

Glad you're ok @Borderland. We have had some crazy weather here as well, but just rain and flooding.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    We had a major wind/rain storm in September. Massive amount of water! There's still plenty of free firewood laying on the side of the roads. If one was determined enough one could probably get at least a years worth

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Cheap heat if you don't mind the work.

50mph here tonight, too. Lots of folks without power; so far no major damage reported that I know of.

Good for you for helping a neighbor out, Borderland.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Glad you're ok @Borderland. We have had some crazy weather here as well, but just rain and flooding.
    Glad you didn't get the wind. Here when the storms come from the west they barrel through the the Straight of Juan De Fuca like a freight train and hit us full force. No mountains to slow it down.

I've seen some wind here since 95 and this was no notable.
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-15-2021 at 11:10 PM.

Little bit of power flickering here. Wife bought a couple of battery backups so she can at least finish working if the power goes down. Not a bad idea and I can recharge them with the FJ.

7' swells on the Sound on my way home this evening. Made for a wild ride. I didn't puke, but I'm not sure that's a victory. Worse the barometric pressure waves has set off a migraine that may finish the job the sea didn't...

I dunno how you folks live with "weather" like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Glad you didn't get the wind. Here when the storms come from the west they barrel through the the straight of Juan De Fuca like a freight train and hit us full force. No mountains to slow it down.

I've seen some wind here since 95 and this was no notable.
    Well, we did get some wind. Unfortunately a tree fell and killed a high school boy on a field trip. Real tragedy.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Little bit of power flickering here. Wife bought a couple of battery backups so she can at least finish working if the power goes down. Not a bad idea and I can recharge them with the FJ.

7' swells on the Sound on my way home this evening. Made for a wild ride. I didn't puke, but I'm not sure that's a victory. Worse the barometric pressure waves has set off a migraine that may finish the job the sea didn't...

I dunno how you folks live with "weather" like this.
    You must have brought the crap weather with you from Chicago. This is not a normal fall.

User Tag List