Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, are we stuffing p365 non-MS in our pants and feeling ok about it?

Unlike the P320, the P365 comes out of the box ready to accept a manual safety with a very minor procedure. I’ve put at least six of them in for friends, and both of mine as well. It’s a trivial thing to do, even if you’re disinclined to spend the relatively small bit needed for the correct grip module.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Not exactly the question asked but I eventually, after a pretty long time, was able to locate a manual safety P365 last week. I had handled one superficially awhile back and didn't care.

I handled this one less superficially and guess what evening dry fire program is for tonight.
    I like it (P365XL Razorback) and it feels natural and smooth on the draw. It did take a couple hundred reps to get smoother.

IWB is only comfortable for me at 3-4 o’clock, but I trust the P365 when treated properly. I reholster slowly, and tip the holster away from my body. I never really understood the need to stuff a pistol back into the holster with great speed. While I do sometimes carry the P365 IWB, the most comfortable (and almost as concealable) holster has been the Mitch Rosen that Sig sells for $80. Ive had mine for quite some time, and the pistol still clicks into place. It hugs the body tighter than any other OWB holster I’ve owned. IWB holster have a huge advantage of being able to take the pistol and holster of the body in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Unlike the P320, the P365 comes out of the box ready to accept a manual safety with a very minor procedure. I’ve put at least six of them in for friends, and both of mine as well. It’s a trivial thing to do, even if you’re disinclined to spend the relatively small bit needed for the correct grip module.
    Well That’s Easy!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Well That’s Easy!
    It’s even easier than that video shows, and if one is disinclined to purchase the grip module with the cutouts, there happens to be a (faint) set of index lines on most of the standard grip modules (created by the mold slide) which provide a guide as to exactly what to Dremel or X-Acto knife on the thing to make it function and look indistinguishably from the purpose-made modules, if one isn’t too ham-handed with the thing.

Protip- put a small dollop of a suitable grease into the detent before installing the lever.

Site Supporter
    Not for me. I am happy with GLOCKs with SCDs and S&W revolvers.

Site Supporter
    I feel like the obligatory kydex cocoons we call "holsters" are, in effect, the "safeties" these kind of guns lack. So, I guess you're not actually carrying it sans-safety--your safety is just something you buy and stick in your pants along with the gun.

Personally, I think kydex holsters are uncomfortable. YMMV, of course. I've tried many. No thanks. I usually carry in soft neoprene or reasonably thin leather--more comfortable, more flexible and usually thinner. But I'd never carry a gun like a sans-safety P365 in a holster like that--only DA/SA. I don't even feel comfortable carrying my Kahr in anything but the stiff leather holster I have for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    As the title suggests - What’s our comfort level aiwb carrying a p365 non manual safety? With so many in the field abs no issues thus far, I would think ok? To be specific, I’m talking about the gun potentially going off on its own - not a negligent discharge.
    Everyday all the time.

I would happily convert my brace of non-MS 365’s if somebody came out with a manual safety that allowed for reliable manipulation. The current factory offering is a bit too narrow for me. Needs to be a big enough shelf to ride my thumb on top while firing and hold under (pinning in the safe position) while holstering. Otherwise, it’s more of a liability, IMO.

I’m ok with manipulating my P365 MS, but if I were to ever want a P365XL for a larger holster gun I’d prefer a physically larger safety to go with it. I suspect the aftermarket will provide at some point.

To the OP - it took the manual safety version of the P365 for me to become comfortable with the idea of IWB carry.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List