Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, are we stuffing p365 non-MS in our pants and feeling ok about it?

Site Supporter

So, are we stuffing p365 non-MS in our pants and feeling ok about it?

As the title suggests - What’s our comfort level aiwb carrying a p365 non manual safety? With so many in the field abs no issues thus far, I would think ok? To be specific, I’m talking about the gun potentially going off on its own - not a negligent discharge.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    As the title suggests - What’s our comfort level aiwb carrying a p365 non manual safety? With so many in the field abs no issues thus far, I would think ok? To be specific, I’m talking about the gun potentially going off on its own - not a negligent discharge.
    There are no instances of P365 series guns going off on their own (a la the early P320s).

SIG has sold over a million of these things so if they was an issue it should have appeared by now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There are no instances of P365 series guns going off on their own (a la the early P320s).

SIG has sold over a million of these things so if they was an issue it should have appeared by now.
    There is the sound and reason I was looking for! I knew this but really still have my reservations - even if unfounded with this particular platform

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    There is the sound and reason I was looking for! I knew this but really still have my reservations - even if unfounded with this particular platform
    I believe the desire for any striker fired weapon carried aiwb to have the safety is to add a level of protection against a mishap when holstering/ drawing the pistol rather than to prevent an uncommanded firing due to a mechanical malfunction if the pistol itself.

Seeing as many many people carry SF guns appendix and not many outside of PF really think enough (or train enough) to consider this added level, I wouldn’t feel concerned about the lack of a safety on a 365 mechanically speaking. Furthermore, many of the SF pistols we enjoy just aren’t offered with safeties and don’t have SCDs made for them.

Carrying one AIWB right now lol

Site Supporter
    I carried a P320 pre recall way back when, then a Glock without an SCD, then an M&P 2.0 with no safety, then a G19, years ago. But my thinking has since changed to preferring an extra layer of safety when holstering. Carried a 92 for a 2 years and now I'm carrying a Glock with an SCD. Any future carry guns for me will have an SCD/Hammer or manual safety, but that's just my preference. The P365 is mechanically safe, you just have no extra level of protection on that short, light, cocked trigger without even a trigger safety. Millions do it, but I'd only do it now if I didn't have any other way of carrying a chambered gun. SCD Glock is kinda like an even better LEM to me, at least where my thinking is now.

Same concern here, so I decided to carry my SCD Glock 26 Gen 5 AIWB and save my P365 for pocket carry.

I've done a bit of searching the interwebz for AD's with the P365 and found none. So, barring some freak accident or a manufacturing slip up at SIG, I would say you are justified in not being concerned about an AD.

An ND with that sweet single action only trigger is another conversation, and I won't muddy up this thread with my thoughts on that.

The P365 (and variants) is probably the best gun Sig makes currently. If your concern is purely mechanical then buy one and don’t sweat it.

Not exactly the question asked but I eventually, after a pretty long time, was able to locate a manual safety P365 last week. I had handled one superficially awhile back and didn't care.

I handled this one less superficially and guess what evening dry fire program is for tonight.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List