Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Titegroup and coated bullets?

Titegroup and coated bullets?

I think I know the answer, but after having a not optimal experience loading cast bullets over Titegroup, I am double checking before I do some with Blue Bullets.

Seems like it would be all good?

@Clusterfrack

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I think I know the answer, but after having a not optimal experience loading cast bullets over Titegroup, I am double checking before I do some with Blue Bullets.

@Clusterfrack
    All good. This is a very common combination, and one that I'm currently using.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post

@Clusterfrack
    Titegroup and Coated bullets js the most common combination amongst USPSA competitors at nationals according to the gear survey.

Thanks guys, I wanted to be sure I wasn't misremembering before I had a big pile of something lame.

Like the last time...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

There have been numerous reports of Tite Group softening the coating on the bases of a number of different coated bullets. I have seen it first hand on some coated bullets and I no longer use TG. There were also reports of Bullseye doing this, but I haven't used BE in ages, so I can't say. Since there are many different types and manufacturers of coatings involved, the best course of action appears to be to pour a healthy amount of your selected powder in an airtight container and drop a new coated bullet in with it. Check it every week or so to see if the coating appears to be softening. The ones I tested were so soft after two weeks that I could easily scrape the coating off the base of the bullet with my thumbnail.

I wouldn't be surprised if the IPSC shooters don't see much of this. The ones I've known in the past could barely reload enough over the week to be able to shoot that weekend. This isn't enough time to allow the powder to work at the powder.

It’s fine, TG is always smoky regardless. I’ve been using it with coated bullets for years.
    #RESIST

I shot plenty of lead in .45ACP with TG. Was fine. No smoker, lead-wise, than W231.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I shot plenty of lead in .45ACP with TG. Was fine. No smoker, lead-wise, than W231.
    I loaded a bunch of 9mm with locally cast bullets that were not hard enough and got a buttload of leading. The ones with Dardass bulets were ok.

Roger.

I think the brand I last loaded was Lasercast.

Been years, running mostly Glocks, so only plated and jacketed from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    running mostly Glocks, so only plated and jacketed from now on.
    I do not have my Glocks anymore, but not sure traditional CLBs make sense anymore. Maybe if I could find a nice source for H&G-68s...

User Tag List