Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slide Milling for Sig P series

Slide Milling for Sig P series

I am currently heavily invested in Glock as my main self defense handgun platform. They nearly all have optics on them along with Tau's SCDs. The SCD makes it comfortable for me to carry AIWB. I am worried that Tau Dev may no longer produce the SCDs for current generation Glocks or future gens. I need to make a plan just in case this becomes a problem (hope not). Some preferences for myself.

1) No manual safeties. Thus the gun probably has to be DA/SA or similar. No, the HK P7 is not an option.
    2) The gun has to be easily serviceable like the Glock.

The only option for me is the Sig P series. I have a bunch of these guns and I feel comfortable with stripping them down and doing armor type work on them. Plus their small P365 guns with optics looks like they would replace my G26/43 nicely. I don't think my H&K USPs can take an optic. The Beretta stuff that LTT is putting out is nice but seems too proprietary to me (plus I only have two 92s and they are not compatible with his slide work).

I found some places that does them, but I have no idea to their quality:

Southwest Precision Arms

Vulcan Machine Werks

VTEC Arms

Sig only supplies slide with their cut for Romeo. I use RMR/Holosun.

Any advice would be appreciated.

My go-to guy was Mark H, but pretty sure he’s out of business.

If you decide to rethink your options I’d say got CZ P-07. It’ll work w/ your Sig 226/229 9mm mags.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    My go-to guy was Mark H, but pretty sure he’s out of business.

If you decide to rethink your options I’d say got CZ P-07. It’ll work w/ your Sig 226/229 9mm mags.
    1) I didn't know they were designed to accept milling. I looked at them and they didn't have any RDS ready models. Who does milling for them?
    2) They take Sig mags? Really? All this time I thought there mags were specific to their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    1) I didn't know they were designed to accept milling. I looked at them and they didn't have any RDS ready models. Who does milling for them?
    2) They take Sig mags? Really? All this time I thought there mags were specific to their guns.
    Check out my IG post about the mags.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByWmXZ2F...dium=copy_link

And then go check out the huge P-07 thread. I think @Clusterfrack is a good resource. I sold mine when I went all in on Glock. Mark H did mine (pics in other IG posts on my IG page), but I know Cajun Gun works and CZ Custom will do the milling as well.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

The mag bodies for a bunch of guns are all the same, made by MecGar. The difference is where the mag release notch is cut and the follower for the most part. I ran Sig mags in my 07 in USPSA matches for years.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Check out my IG post about the mags.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByWmXZ2F...dium=copy_link

And then go check out the huge P-07 thread. I think @Clusterfrack is a good resource. I sold mine when I went all in on Glock. Mark H did mine (pics in other IG posts on my IG page), but I know Cajun Gun works and CZ Custom will do the milling as well.
    Great to know. Thanks for the insight! I'll need to plow through that big thread since the P07/P09 was never in the radar for me.

Great to know. Thanks for the insight! I'll need to plow through that big thread since the P07/P09 was never in the radar for me.
    I carried a Sig at work for years and that P07 for about 6 years off duty. CZ is better, hands down.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

I’m in discussions with Wright Armory in Mesa to mill several of my P226 slides to accept an Aimpoint RMR to Acro plate for a P2. It’s going to be a fairly involved process as the 9mm slides will need material welded into the lightening void at the rear of the slide, so that the welded material can then be tapped rather than having one of the screws breach.

Last we talked they are checking to see if they can do CNC programming for the milling so that they can mill recoil bosses for the front of the plate. I would assume they would be more likely to do this if there’s interest beyond my 5 or so slides, so PM me if you’re interested in a group conversation with Wright?

I will say this, when Mark H milled my 229 slide, he milled it deeper than other companies I’ve seen. He went deep enough to get into the hole used by the firing pin block/spring. He trimmed a coil or 2 off the spring. The sealing plate and optic held the spring in place. I never had issues. When I had my 226 slide milled 10 or 11 years ago I used a company out of MI. Can’t remember the name. Had to threaten them w police action to get m slide back after almost a year. They didn’t cut down as deep, IIRC. Both were RMR cuts.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

I don't think my H&K USPs can take an optic.
    Wright is also doing optic work. When I was in there I saw a USP slide with some sort of plate on it (not sure if it was another customer's or a shop gun, and didn't get a chance to ask further).

CZ Custom is local in Mesa if you're wanting to save on shipping to Cajun Gun Works. These two seem to be the big two for CZ custom work, and (while I don't pretend to be a CZ expert), they both seem to be quite good.

I carried a Sig at work for years and that P07 for about 6 years off duty. CZ is better, hands down.
    Would be curious about your thoughts on why the CZ is better than the SIG. I have been intrigued by the P07/P09 guns, especially as an alternative to the P226/P229 guns that seem to take most of the effort out of shooting for me, but haven't delved into actually picking one up. Please, enable me...

User Tag List