Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Slide Milling for Sig P series

I know in your original post you kind of discounted an LTT Px4 Compact Carry. Reason being is that it is limited support with the primary reason of that it is a mostly solely supported platform by LTT. True, but it is COMPLETELY supported by LTT and I don't think LTT or Ernest are going away anytime soon. I've been toting around and shooting a self Langdonized PX4 CC for almost 5 years now. It is the easiest pistol for me to shoot accurately quickly. Since I've added a PX4 slide with a Holo 507C to the mix with the LTT RDS Solution Gen 2 things have improved significantly. The big secret on the PX4 CC is that the dimensions aren't G19 sized. They are more G43X sized. Check out this link, find my post and see the comparison. It is also super comfy, all day long, riding in a Black Rhino Concealment AIWB with a TLR7. It looks like the TRL7A will fit this pistol with one of the supplied keys. For a whole lot more information check out the link here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ock-19/page403

The choice is all yours but I think you might truly miss out if you discount a Langdonized PX4 CC right from the start.

PX4CC vs G43X
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Since you have both forward and aft mounted rear sights, do you notice any problem transitioning from one to the other? I had a CZ 75 milled with the rear sight integrated into the plate and I like it very much. Wright Armory offers milling on HKs with the rear sight forward or aft of the optic, but their default mounting is forward. I'm relatively new to the pistol optics game so I want to set my P30 up so as not to conflict with my CZ. Thanks for your post, great info.
    It's not a perfect side by side comparison. But here are the two sight pictures with the dot centered in the window. They're low enough that I don't notice them at all when I'm shooting the dot, so I don't care about forward or aft from a vision or shooting perspective. I don't notice any difference. (Keep in mind that I'm a high C class shooter, which means I'm not consistent enough to speak authoritatively on performance)

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Compared to

Name:  IMG_4942.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  22.9 KB

Sight picture when shooting the irons. Again, I can't imagine any challenge transitioning between the two.

Name:  IMG_4945.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  28.7 KB

Configured with a trapezoidal shaped rear mounted low, I think it's a non issue either way. My calculus might change if my irons sights blocked more of the window. I don't know.

BTW. Nobody recommends tritium night sights on a RDS gun. I bought it pre owned as configured and just haven't bothered to change it.
    David S.

Thanks for the added photos. I guess i can live with either configuration, so will proceed with the project and see where i land.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    L&M/Mark H was my go to, being somewhat local. Just prior to his retirement, he recommended Doug P of https://www.dpcustomworksllc.com/ as he used the same methods for milling. DP is also sort of local to me, so I took a day trip to his shop and delivered a M&P slide with RMR. Solid work and a really nice guy. I'll use him again.
    Thanks for posting that, best price on a P07 cut I have seen, about $100 less than what I paid for Primary Machine with BUIS option. I hope that guy expands into covering a multitude of platforms like Mark did.

@TicTacticalTimmy
    He gives a pretty generous military and LE discount if that applies to you

BTW. Nobody recommends tritium night sights on a RDS gun.
    Slightly off topic (although that's what we do here), but curious if you can expand on this? I'm new into my RDS journey, but my thought process is that tritium won't hurt, and could be useful in a very narrow set of circumstances, so what's the harm? If it helps, I prefer 3 dot tritium on my pistols, and can completely zone out a fixed BUIS on a red dot rifle.

But I might not know what I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Slightly off topic (although that's what we do here), but curious if you can expand on this? I'm new into my RDS journey, but my thought process is that tritium won't hurt, and could be useful in a very narrow set of circumstances, so what's the harm? If it helps, I prefer 3 dot tritium on my pistols, and can completely zone out a fixed BUIS on a red dot rifle.

Good question. I have Ameriglo orange outlined tritium fronts on all 3 of my RDS pistols. Works for me with no signs of ill effects. I'm curious also.

I probably overstated "nobody."

I'm not sure where I remember hearing it. I've read a bunch a on RDS here and elsewhere. I've taken RDS specific classes from Jedi and and Fisher. I've watched a several of the technique and gear videos that Aaron Cowan and others have put out. I'm sure I've picked it up from multiple places.

The dot sights, fiber optic sights or night sights may catch your eye and be a distraction when using the primary sighting system (the RDS). To be fair, I haven't personally found that to be true for my set up, which is why I never bothered to change mine out. I don't think I'd want a bright fiber optic front.

In the middle of the night, it does help you find the gun on the night stand tho. So there's that.
    David S.

I don't find my FO front sight distracting at all with my RDS (even with a laser in play, no less).

Tritium would likely not be distracting to the naked eye; however, one of the big, albeit niche, advantages of an RDS on a pistol is shooting under NODs, and tritium is suppose to really fuck with people there, due to the excess glow of the tritium.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post

I put tritiums on my first 2 RDS pistols. After that I decided it was a waste of money. Especially if you’re running a weapon light. Once you activate the light it washes the tritium out and all you see are posts. If you want them it won’t hurt, but I haven’t found an instance where I’ve needed tritium or FO.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List