Thread: Smaller GP100 style grip for round butt k frame.

Smaller GP100 style grip for round butt k frame.

I have a 3" 65 that is currently wearing uncle mikes boot grips. Yesterday I held a Talo GP100 2.5 with the smaller GP100 grips. That gun felt amazing and I would have purchased it but I need to free up some fun money first. It felt great and was balanced. I remember holding a GP 20+ years ago and thinking it just fit. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with the GP grip and if there is a k frame grip available that would have a similar shape and feel.

Picture of

https://ruger.com/products/gp100/specSheets/1790.html

GP100 grips are pretty unique since it doesn’t have an actual grip frame and have that tang at the top.

While those rubber boots definitely feel good when handling, that tang will chew up the web of your hand pretty quickly with anything hotter than standard pressure .38s (and least they do mine.)

I didn’t like (and still don’t like) the hogues that came on my Match Champion 10mm and immediately bought the factory rubber. Once I started running 10mm through it (vs wimpy .40s), I quickly switched back to the Hogues.

I had a pair of pacmayr grips, I think they were compacs. They were originally on a 19 snub that belonged to my dad. I may give them a shot they are similar if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I had a pair of pacmayr grips, I think they were compacs. They were originally on a 19 snub that belonged to my dad. I may give them a shot they are similar if I remember correctly.
    There are/were 2 versions.

The compac covers the backstrap, the compac pro has an open backstrap. They’re definitely GTG on round K/L frames.

Sportsman Outdoor Superstore has one in stock for $920. Its been on the website for a few weeks now.

User Tag List