Thread: Another Vektor....SP2 Competition

Another Vektor....SP2 Competition

I stumbled on this listed for WAY too cheap last weekend. The 9mm SP1 version has been on my buy list for some time and I've bid on many but they end up going for 3x what this was.

This example was complete with original case, manual, test target, three 10rd magazines, and spare hammer spring. 1999 date on the test targe.

Notable changes on the Competition models; SAO, magwell, oversized mag release (see latest Beretta USA version for what looks to be a clone of this Vektor design), blacked out oversized rear sight and simple tall front post. Also, the beavertail is way larger than a normal SP1/SP2. Also, the safeties are interesting....they have a hole in them that indexes over the red dot on the slide showing "safe" or "fire". Lastly, the dust cover is reinforced and much thicker and has drilled holes and plug screws, likely for a sight bridge (still looking for info on this).

I'll put a 357SIG barrel in this whenever EFK makes another run. These are 4.6" long so will have to modify a standard 92 barrel to fit.

| 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

I don’t even know what I’m looking at here…
    #RESIST

The Vektor Z88 is a first-gen Beretta 92 clone made in South Africa. The SP1 and SP2 (Service Pistol 1 or 2), are later iterations of that gun which used closed slides and came in a bunch of different variations varying from plain-jane shooters to full on race guns. Vektor is now defunct, having been absorbed into Denel Land Systems (which has parts of Littleton Engineering and is partially owned by Rheinmetal now).

I've wanted a Vektor ever since I saw them in Strike back

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I remember reading about the Vektor pistols in Soldier Of Fortune back in the day. I think Peter Kokalis wrote the article. That’s quite a find. Congratulations!

A factory Beretta 92 threaded barrel works perfectly (may or may not need a piston mount...we'll see).

The owner's manual and parts list shows optional caliber kits, 9mm and 357SIG (barrel and magazines)

User Tag List