Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steiner Micro Pistol Sight

Site Supporter

Steiner Micro Pistol Sight

Attachment 76914Attachment 76915Attachment 76912Attachment 76913Stumbled on this while shopping. Looks like Steiner is getting into the pistol mounted optic game with a closed emitter that utilizes the Doctor optic mounting footprint.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024088751?pid=767336

The Steiner MPS Micro revolutionizes the pistol red dot sight with battle proven durability that is achieved by an enhanced side wall that produces a best-in-class shock rating. The MPS features a completely enclosed LED that is water tight, making it reliable in the harshest weather and environmental conditions. At only 2.05oz, the MPS is incredibly compact and lightweight, while offering Steiner quality glass and a robust feature set including 8 brightness levels, auto-off after 13 hours, and 13,000 hours of battery life. The 1x magnification offers a wide field of view for both eyes open operation and complete situational awareness. The MPS can be mounted on any Docter base plate and is compatible with most other manufacturer adapters available on the market. The MPS includes the Docter mounting base plate.

Features

Compact size
    Daylight bright dot
    13,000 battery life
    Wide field of view
    Includes Docter base plate
    Product Information

Finish
    Matte
    Height
    0.63 Inches
    Length
    2.17 Inches
    Style
    Reflex
    Weight
    2.05 Ounce
    Width
    0.83 Inches
    Battery
    CR1632
    Magnification
    Adjustment Click Value
    1 MOA
    Warranty
    Steiner Heritage Warranty
    Reticle
    3.3 MOA
    Battery Type
    CR1632
    Reticle Color
    Red
    Name:  BB699DFA-7867-4C6A-A6AD-E0E6F088C4EF.jpg
Views: 1879
Size:  13.7 KB

Name:  AC8242A5-4DBF-40D8-9371-2100902D46CC.jpg
Views: 1852
Size:  16.3 KB

Name:  E8FDE92D-DD8F-416E-A5C8-18A16E2BABBA.jpg
Views: 1985
Size:  17.2 KB

Name:  07EF173C-CD0A-4CAE-BE16-63C9E09B8419.jpg
Views: 1844
Size:  11.7 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 09-11-2021 at 02:28 AM.

Auto off? Gross.

The Docter mount pattern is an interesting choice. These days, I'm not sure most folks even think of Docter when considering RDSes for their handgun; maybe it's still much more popular in Europe? I wonder what the actual native mounting pattern is, as I'm assuming it's the adapter plate that conforms to the Docter footprint, and then the MPS mounts onto the plate. One would think that they would be able to provide other adapter plates, and would be able to whip up something like an RMR or DPP mounting pattern for an American market.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Auto off? Gross.

The Docter mount pattern is an interesting choice. These days, I'm not sure most folks even think of Docter when considering RDSes for their handgun; maybe it's still much more popular in Europe? I wonder what the actual native mounting pattern is, as I'm assuming it's the adapter plate that conforms to the Docter footprint, and then the MPS mounts onto the plate. One would think that they would be able to provide other adapter plates, and would be able to whip up something like an RMR or DPP mounting pattern for an American market.
    Steiner is known for being weird and euro centric.

I've an opportunity to handle a prototype. According to a Steiner rep I spoke with on Thursday, it will have the ACRO footprint.

Mike

It's on some sort of dovetail/rail mount plate in the pictures. Looks like it could be the Acro footprint. Maybe that's a plate that adapts ACRO to Doctor footprint?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

If you had to take one side of the bet, it would be that the Steiner ships before the P2.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by MAP View Post
    I've an opportunity to handle a prototype. According to a Steiner rep I spoke with on Thursday, it will have the ACRO footprint.

Mike
    What were your impressions?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What were your impressions?
    I'll have a chance to shoot it today. Dry handling it was a bit bulky, clear class and the dot was bright. I first saw the optic much earlier this year. The prototype had a few flaw that were corrected based upon input from several of us. Some testing is still going on. I was told the October 1st was the (hopeful) release date.

I'll try can some pics and video.

I really like how the +/- buttons have a different size/shape, would help with tactile feedback when changing brightness on the fly. Wish Holosun would have that feature.

Auto off sounds pretty dumb, hopefully it also has a shake awake feature.

Quote Originally Posted by MAP View Post
    According to a Steiner rep I spoke with on Thursday, it will have the ACRO footprint.
    That would be super neat. Maybe it will create a standardized mounting system (yeah, right).

The fact that you could possibly further ruggedize it by adding a full shroud does seem kinda interesting.

User Tag List