Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Minimalist/Front pocket Wallets

Me too. Has worn very well so far...exceeded any wallet to date in that regard.

https://www.all-ett.com/collections/...36906908942500

I've had an older black/grey version of one of these for maybe 6 years now. It's the "Sport" version that's low profile rip-stop nylon and weights less than 1/3 of an oz. It's in pretty bad shape right now, and I need to replace it because I've abused it terribly. I intend to buy another, but the new ones only come in colors. I'll probably just have to suck it up and buy one anyway.

At the moment it is holding a comical $690 in cash ($300 in 20s) and 8 cards. I usually try to keep it minimalist, but sometimes circumstances get away from me and the thing gets completely abused. I need to go to the bank badly.

It is like the TARDIS from Dr Who. It doesn't even make sense.

Name:  Indigo_Blue_RFID_Nylon_Sport_Wallet_09.14.2020_Allett_Catalog_49_1024x.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  22.5 KB

Edit to add: The nylon material that mine is made from feels as thin as a bill. Without anything in it it's completely flexible, so the cards inside make up the shape and the bills can flex around the shape of the cards.
    Last edited by frozentundra; 09-10-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    How many bills will it hold?
    No less than any regular wallet, it'll just get proportionally fatter as you stuff it with more, so eventually you defeat the purpose going for super thin. But it'll still be thinner than a traditional wallet because the wall material is half a millimeter in thickness.

I had 14 bills and some receipts on me right now, they easily fit into the Micro. So I'd say >20 at least. The Original is even more generous, but more suited to the rear pocket (because of total area, rather than thickness).

IMO, having a bunch of cards will make a much bigger difference than the number bills in terms of thickness.

If front pocket carrying or in slacks the Micro is better. If rear pocket carrying in jeans/dockers/etc the Original is better.
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 09-10-2021 at 07:54 PM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    How many bills will it hold?
    Not sure if you were inquiring about the Tyvek Slimfold in particular, but I just pulled out some extra cash and put it in my softshell Micro Slimfold. 13 bills, plenty of room for more. 8 cards. Still measures less than a half inch thick.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Mastermind / Graith made a great wallet a while back. Don't know if they still do, but I carry mine daily.
    Pop’s crushing it once again, still rock mine as well.

Ridge wallet.

https://ridge.com/products/aluminum-...nt=41321602446

Holds 10-12 bills okay, and plenty of cards. The finish on the money clip wore heavily, but the finish on the wallet is still flawless.

I happily sit on mine 8-16 hours a day.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I have used the Magpul DAKA Everyday Wallet since they came out. No complaints.

Amazon Link - $24.95
    This is what I carry now, and I really like it. I carry five cards an rarely one or two cash bills.

Prior to the Magpul I carried a Saddleback leather tri-fold for a few years. While very well made, it was too big and cracked my credit cards. Prior to that I carried another tri-fold leather wallet for 30 years. I bought it at a flea market near/in Orlando, Florida when we went to Epcot center when I was in 4th grade--February of 1986, to be exact. I bought the Saddleback wallet in February, 2016. I wish I'd bought two of those wallets back in '86.

Too late to edit, but here's what RAGGEDedge had written to me when I enquired about their sourcing:

We try very hard to purchase USA made goods as locally as possible on both a business and personal level. If we can't find it locally, we do our best to source w/in the US. We also make it a point to purchase from specific companies based on their corporate policies.

We purchase all our sailcloth from Dimension-Polyant & Challenge largely because they manufacture al most all of the materials we use in our gear in Connecticut. We do incorporate a few of their windsurfing materials (specifically the neon laminates : orange & blue) in our gear; those are made in Germany. Lastly, we use Dabond thread manufactured in Georgia.

Also, looking at my records, the wallet is over seven years old at this point of daily use. So, more than five.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    https://recycledfirefighter.com/products/slim-wallet

Been using one of these for a few years now. It’s great!
    Same here. Had a recycled firefighter one for years, very happy with it.

I have been using a Magpul bifold DAKA for the past 6 months. I am very happy with it for carrying multiple types of ID and credit cards as well as 10 or so cash bills.

User Tag List