Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Minimalist/Front pocket Wallets

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I’ve carried a couple of different Bellroys with good success. This one:
    https://bellroy.com/products/card-sl...r&size=default
    is about five years old now and holding up well. I carry three cards including my DL and a couple of paper slips like my insurance card. I carry cash loose in my front pocket so I can pull out the right size bill eyes off based on the fold. Cash is mostly for alms these days.
    I have the same and really like it - it took me a while to find this and it hits the spot for me. I really like the pull to get to the cards in the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

https://recycledfirefighter.com/products/slim-wallet

Been rocking these for a few years and very happy with them. I use one for everything normally in my wallet and my old one that the elastic gave out on as a business card holder for work.

Site Supporter
    Still very happy with my Big Skinny New Yorker.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Still very happy with my Big Skinny New Yorker.
    Roy:

The Amazon description shows the thickness as .4 inches. I need space for about 8 cards, can you guesstimate the thickness based on what you carry? it'd be a big help. Have a supposedly "thin" front-pocket bi-fold design thats about 7/8" thick.

TIA

CJS

The one that will last me a lifetime.

https://www.machine-era.com/products/ti-wallet

Name:  Ti5-Wallet-Ti-Iso_720x.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  15.7 KB
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by csheehy View Post
    Roy:

The Amazon description shows the thickness as .4 inches. I need space for about 8 cards, can you guesstimate the thickness based on what you carry? it'd be a big help. Have a supposedly "thin" front-pocket bi-fold design thats about 7/8" thick.

TIA

CJS
    I have mine stuffed with at least 12 cards, plus I keep some cash folded in the center.
    Measuring with calipers at the thickest part, what you see below is almost exactly 1.0 inches without squeezing.

I really like that I get 4 distinct areas to keep things. DL and LTC stuff in one section, personal cards, business cards and "stuff I don't use often but like to have"...
    I've never been a fan of those wallets where you just stack the cards in a pile and push them out... but.. maybe if I took a training class I could get one to work for me.. /JK

Once a year or so I'll empty it out, clean it and scan all my cards to keep an updated record of expiration dates, etc.
    When it's empty, it's very thin... I would think 0.4 is overstated, but, maybe not...

I tried a Tyvek wallet a while ago and while I liked it, it didn't have quite enough organization for my liking. I still use it if I'm going out on date night and only need to carry a few cards... If you are at 8 cards, you might be able to find a Tyvek that works... Cheap enough to give it a try.

I hope that helps.

ETA this one is my EDC for the past 4.5 years (Amazon says March 2018). Still in good shape.

Name:  Big Skinny NY.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  61.4 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    https://recycledfirefighter.com/products/slim-wallet

Been rocking these for a few years and very happy with them. I use one for everything normally in my wallet and my old one that the elastic gave out on as a business card holder for work.
    I’ve been using the same wallet for almost 4 years.

The elastic is starting to go snd the wallet is showing wear. I’ll be buying a replacement. The price sure hasn’t gone up much.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

I tried a Tyvek wallet a while ago and while I liked it, it didn't have quite enough organization for my liking. I still use it if I'm going out on date night and only need to carry a few cards... If you are at 8 cards, you might be able to find a Tyvek that works... Cheap enough to give it a try.

I hope that helps.

ETA this one is my EDC for the past 4.5 years (Amazon says March 2018). Still in good shape.

Name:  Big Skinny NY.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  61.4 KB
    I like the organization/separation, too. My biggest bitch is most of these have the slots oriented to the short edge. Had one like that and it was a royal PITA to get the cards out. I clicked your link and saw these slots are oriented along the long edge. Ordered from Amazon. Looking forward to checking it out...

CJS

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This is what I've been using for a while, which when full with all my cards and a few bills is only as thick as some of the options presented here when empty:

https://www.slimfoldwallet.com/
    Got a few years on my softshell Micro Slimfold right now with no discernable wear, and I wish there was a Pistol Forum "relief fund" to buy one of these for some of you guys because of how absurdly large some of the other options mentioned here are compared to these.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Got a few years on my softshell Micro Slimfold right now with no discernable wear, and I wish there was a Pistol Forum "relief fund" to buy one of these for some of you guys because of how absurdly large some of the other options mentioned here are compared to these.
    I have the same one and Im fairly certain it was one of your old posts that turned me into it. Great wallet and I love the material. Doesn't absorb water or sweat like leather.

User Tag List