Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 B chamber issues

That’s interesting, @1911Nut. I have only P-07s and Shadow2s, both relatively recent CZ designs. I’ve never owned earlier models.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That’s interesting, @1911Nut. I have only P-07s and Shadow2s, both relatively recent CZ designs. I’ve never owned earlier models.
    CZ75 SP-01 (non-Shadow) needed to have the throat reamed

RAMI in 9mm was GTG

CZ 75 SP-01 (Shadow 1) #1 needed to have the throat reamed

CZ 97B in .45 ACP was GTG

CZ 75B Shadowline Compact was GTG

CZ 75B SP-01 (Shadow 1) #2 needed to have the throat reamed

CZ 75 Shadowline Tac II needed to have the throat reamed

CZ Shadow 2 appears to be GTG, but not enough rounds downrange yet to confirm

CZ P-09 (no longer owned) was GTG when I owned it

All four pistols that were reamed were done so ever so very, very lightly

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    They wanted to know what ammo I was using and I told them so I hope they cut it to function with those.
    They will replace the barrel and send the old barrel back to the factory for inspection. You definitely got an an out of spec barrel.

Site Supporter
    75B SA I had for about ten years worked fine with most factory ammo, choked on some handloads until I figured out its throat length. Probably should have had the throat reamed. Really liked that gun, but no 9mm I’ve had before or since has been as picky about bullet seating depth.

It was exceptionally reliable outside of that one caveat.

Site Supporter
    I've had three -75s - a mid-80s production bought while stationed in Germany (now gone), and '96 and '06 production B versions. They all ran fine with factory ammo or handloads. IIRC, the short chamber issue didn't appear until ~'05.

When my eyes were 20+ years younger, the '96 would put five rounds of its favorite load (125-grain Zero JHP over 4.2 grains of Titegroup, OAL 1.14") into 1.5" at 25 yards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I've had three -75s - a mid-80s production bought while stationed in Germany (now gone), and '96 and '06 production B versions. They all ran fine with factory ammo or handloads. IIRC, the short chamber issue didn't appear until ~'05.

When my eyes were 20+ years younger, the '96 would put five rounds of its favorite load (125-grain Zero JHP over 4.2 grains of Titegroup, OAL 1.14") into 1.5" at 25 yards.
    Mine was a ‘00 produced pistol.

Thanks for your input everyone. I’m surprised that they have not addressed this issue by now since that seems to have been a problem in certain guns for years. I also wonder why they had me send down the entire pistol and not just the barrel. I can only speculate that they want to give the whole thing a good looking over

Years ago I had a CZ 75 PCR that would not chamber CorBon 115gr.JHPs. CZ handled it well and got it back to me quickly.

Have no doubts that CZ will take care of you. I have used thier customer service 3 times and I was taken care of everytime. One example was I had a brand new P01 U/G SR front night sight go dead after the first range session. CZ took it back and after 3 weeks they called and said they could not get a new SR front night sight, so they sent me a new gun and gave me the option to pick a different P01 model.

I am aware that CZs are known to have short throats, but I have never had an issue with all CZ handguns I have owned and own.

No issues with:
    P07 OD 9mm
    P09 9mm (three)
    SP01 tac 9mm
    P01 Omega U/G SR
    75B Omega Non-Conv
    97B

I just received an email saying they are shipping my pistol back. The email stated:

"Work Performed: Headspace was found to be good using SAAMI spec go/no go gauges. No issue could be found with chamber. Function tested and test fired good using 115 gr Magtech FMJ and 147 gr Federal HST. When chambered the 147 gr Federal HST was manually extracted without difficulty or sticking, indicating that the bullet is not sticking at the throat of the chamber. This is the largest ogive 9mm bullet we use to test fire with. Polished breech face lead in."

So they are saying there is nothing wrong. When MY factory ammo won't chamber there is certainly something wrong. Ammo that has chambered in dozens of pistols I have or have owned. This makes no sense.

I guess I will try again when it gets back home and see........

User Tag List