Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 B chamber issues

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    I just received an email saying they are shipping my pistol back. The email stated:

"Work Performed: Headspace was found to be good using SAAMI spec go/no go gauges. No issue could be found with chamber. Function tested and test fired good using 115 gr Magtech FMJ and 147 gr Federal HST. When chambered the 147 gr Federal HST was manually extracted without difficulty or sticking, indicating that the bullet is not sticking at the throat of the chamber. This is the largest ogive 9mm bullet we use to test fire with. Polished breech face lead in."

So they are saying there is nothing wrong. When MY factory ammo won't chamber there is certainly something wrong. Ammo that has chambered in dozens of pistols I have or have owned. This makes no sense.

I guess I will try again when it gets back home and see........
    Did you do the plunk test with your ammo? You don't need to shoot it to find out if your ammo is too long. There are many ways to do that, just Google it.
    If your ammo passes the plunk test, you have a different problem.

Also, check the extractor. It's the #1 reason for many problems with this gun

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Did you do the plunk test with your ammo? You don't need to shoot it to find out if your ammo is too long. There are many ways to do that, just Google it.
    If your ammo passes the plunk test, you have a different problem.
    I did the plunk test. It did not pass.

Also, check the extractor. It's the #1 reason for many problems with this gun
    I’ll be sure to look at the extractor when I get the pistol back

I did the plunk test. It did not pass.
    Well, if it did not pass, it's not the extractor. Interesting. If the ammo is from major manufacturers, I'd get back to CZ and tell them that. Can you measure the OAL of the failed ammo? Just curious

Well, if it did not pass, it's not the extractor. Interesting. If the ammo is from major manufacturers, I'd get back to CZ and tell them that. Can you measure the OAL of the failed ammo? Just curious
    I already told them all that both on the phone and on the return request on line. I tried factory ammo from 3 different manufacturers. Good stuff too, Speer Gold Dot, Federal HST, WW FMJ. The chances of all of it being out of spec is virtually nil. I'm sure it's the barrel. We will see what happens when I get it back.

Any chance there was a ring of lead at the end of the chamber?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I already told them all that both on the phone and on the return request on line. I tried factory ammo from 3 different manufacturers. Good stuff too, Speer Gold Dot, Federal HST, WW FMJ. The chances of all of it being out of spec is virtually nil. I'm sure it's the barrel. We will see what happens when I get it back.
    I wonder if this is one of those “There was a problem and we fixed it, but we damned sure aren’t going to tell the customer that” things.

If it is a "stealth repair" as per rechuck, fine.

If it comes back like it went out, don't waste more time and postage on them, there are shops that will ream your chamber and throat for a moderate cost. Patriot Armory charges $40, though I don't know if they are any good.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I wonder if this is one of those “There was a problem and we fixed it, but we damned sure aren’t going to tell the customer that” things.
    Bet a dollar on this.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List