Thread: PISTOL LIGHT LASER COMBO

PISTOL LIGHT LASER COMBO

Im going to get a pistol light/laser combo for a Glock 45 MOS SRO currently mounted.
    Im looking at either the SF X400U or the Streamlight TLR2 HL Green laser on either one.
    This gun will be for range and home only using a vertical range type holster at the range.
    My concern is several things. First off Im new to all of it Glocks, RDS and laser/light. So I plan on shooting a good bit to get used to all of the newness.
    How well do the TLRs retain zero? Are there any problems with them that I should be aware of?
    On either light if they are removed from the pistol then reinstalled how well do they retain zero? Im assuming they have to be removed to replace batteries. Im also concerned if I really need to expose the lights to that much recoil or should I remove them for range shooting.
    Who knows what I havent thought of any input appreciated.

ETA Just saw the TLR 10. Guess that will be under consideration also.
    Last edited by UNK; 09-10-2021 at 11:50 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I have a TLR8ag on my house and field gun (CZ P-07). It's pretty much perfect for that role, and I've hit targets out to 100 yds with the laser. It has held zero for a few 1000 rounds. I don't take it off, so can't comment on that.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I would not worry about removing the SureFire for live fire, mine have held zero just fine.

Zero is usually retained during battery changes on my X400UHs. That being said, with an RDS, it's trivial to check zero after a battery change, you just need to make sure the laser and the RDS co-witness at the range you've zeroed for.

I personally am very fond of the DG switches for use with WMLs.

User Tag List