Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson M&P Picture Thread

Name:  PXL_20211101_020124672.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  100.2 KB

That Performance Center CORE with a manual safety would be something I would trade out of other platforms for.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Attachment 77119
    Since this photo I've removed the TS and added a CHPWS plate.
    May I ask why you removed the thumb safety? Been thinking of getting one with a TS. Also, CHPWS?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    That Performance Center CORE with a manual safety would be something I would trade out of other platforms for.
    It seems to me that the M&P 2.0s with a thumb safety are the least expensive way of getting a reliable 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    It seems to me that the M&P 2.0s with a thumb safety are the least expensive way of getting a reliable 2011.
    Like buying a Beetle is the least expensive way of having a Porshe 911, because both have rear engines.

Having shot both M&Ps and 2011s in competition, they are worlds apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Like buying a Beetle is the least expensive way of having a Porshe 911, because both have rear engines.

Total agreement as a cat that bought a gen1 CORE in 2012, two gen2's this yr. & 2 Stacatto's since 2019.

Site Supporter

I mean...in build quality yes.

I've seen custom work from Apex on M&Ps that gives them a 3.5lb trigger and sub 2 inch groups at 50 yards. Lots of plastic guns can equal the performance of all but the highest level 1911/2011

I'm a big 1911 fan and I carry and shoot them regularly, but the fact that the top three shooters in limited division at USPSA race gun nationals were shooting a 320, a Canik and a Glock...really this is the age of the polymer pistol and the 1911 truly is a piece of the past.

Why buy a Porsche when you really can beat it in a race with a beetle?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I mean...in build quality yes.

I've seen custom work from Apex on M&Ps that gives them a 3.5lb trigger and sub 2 inch groups at 50 yards. Lots of plastic guns can equal the performance of all but the highest level 1911/2011

I'm a big 1911 fan and I carry and shoot them regularly, but the fact that the top three shooters in limited division at USPSA race gun nationals were shooting a 320, a Canik and a Glock...really this is the age of the polymer pistol and the 1911 truly is a piece of the past.

Why buy a Porsche when you really can beat it in a race with a beetle?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Because buying a Porsche for the raw performance overlooks the level of refinement that you get from a Porsche.

Sure you can buy a Beetle and tune it to beat a Porsche, but that’s just not some people’s jam. Some people want Porsches. Some people want Tacomas. You can tune a P320 to be on par with a 2011 performance wise, but you can’t refine it to be a nice. At the end of the day it’s still just a P320.

May I ask why you removed the thumb safety? Been thinking of getting one with a TS. Also, CHPWS?
    I'm not MD but I pulled the ambi safety out of my gen 1 M&P .45 because it sits higher than a 1911 safety and riding the safety proved irritating to my thumb. It was also way too easy to engage in either direction--I accidentally popped the safety on transitioning from strong hand to weak hand more than once.

User Tag List