Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson M&P Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    May I ask why you removed the thumb safety? Been thinking of getting one with a TS. Also, CHPWS?
    Primarily because all my other M&Ps at the time did not have manual safeties. But since that picture was taken I reinstalled the safety because I've frequently been carrying it in a Hill People Gear chest rig and like the extra layer of safety.

CHPWS stands for C&H Precision Weapon Systems who manufactures aftermarket optic plates.

Site Supporter
    Name:  FAEE13EC-E705-468F-B17C-C2CBC61D0E04.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  101.2 KB

Using this to start down the RDS rabbit-hole without dropping major $ on my 1911s and not totally switching platforms (I consider M&Ps to be cheap 2011s for all intents and purposes). Pretty happy so far with everything but the trigger. I’ll give it a bit and see if I can get used to it, but that hinge has to go. You either have to pull from the middle and sacrifice mechanical advantage or only contact the trigger on the upsweep of the bottom tip. Neither is optimal and I’m wearing a hole in my finger. Thinking Apex; just trying to decide if paying $100 and not decreasing the pull weight is worth it. Or pay $200 for an extra pound reduction on a $500 gun?

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Phew! That previous Glock photo had me thinking you’d strayed from The Path.

Wanted a Glock back in my life but it’s not replacing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Is that a direct mill? It looks low.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Is that a direct mill? It looks low.
    Yes. Ffloyds custom shop milled it. Factory irons are useable through the window.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Name:  FAEE13EC-E705-468F-B17C-C2CBC61D0E04.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  101.2 KB Thinking Apex; just trying to decide if paying $100 and not decreasing the pull weight is worth it. Or pay $200 for an extra pound reduction on a $500 gun?
    I was pretty happy with the 2.0 trigger, and stuck with it

They supply a variety of springs and show a combination matrix with projected results utilizing their springs and the factory springs. I went with the factory trigger spring and their heavier sear spring and am very pleased. If you like the 1911 I would recommend you give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User Tag List