Thread: 2022 Silverado will have a ZR2 model

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

2022 Silverado will have a ZR2 model

https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...2022-silverado

ZR2 FEATURES
    6.2L V8 with 420 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft. of torque
    10-speed transmission with Electronic Transmission Range Selector
    Silverado-first application of Multimatic DSSV spool-valve dampers
    All-new high-approach front bumper that enables an improved 31-degree approach angle
    New steel front and rear bumpers designed for off-road strength, durability and clearance
    Enhanced 2-speed transfer case with Terrain Mode
    33-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory® M/T tires
    Unique skid plates allow for optimized off-road capability — whether desert running or rock crawling
    Hidden dual-outlet exhaust for better departure angle to help enhance off-road functionality
    Exclusive ZR2 interior with standard 13.4-inch diagonal infotainment touch-screen
    Black grille with flowtie (for increased airflow to engine) and accent lighting
    Raised hood with styled insert
    ZR2-exclusive wheel opening moldings
    Animated LED headlamps with tracer animation and Black bezels
    Nice that the 6.2L is the motor of choice. Chevy has been becoming more and more of an also ran as their trucks just weren't that interesting. Maybe this will change it up a bit, although that grill is still pretty lackluster.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    What is a Flowtie and what are animated headlights?

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    A Flowtie is where the "bowtie" Chevy emblem is an outline instead of a solid emblem, allowing air to flow through the hollow middle. It helps funnel air into the radiator and lowers temperatures under heavy use. The Camaro Z/28 was the first application, although I don't recall which year.

I'm not sure on the "animated headlights" thing. At first I thought maybe they turn a bit as you steer, but they may just flash in a certain sequence with locking/unlocking or something.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Definition of animated
    1a: endowed with life or the qualities of life : ALIVE
    Either your headlights are alive, or the marketing department is randomly throwing adjectives around.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...2022-silverado

Nice that the 6.2L is the motor of choice. Chevy has been becoming more and more of an also ran as their trucks just weren't that interesting. Maybe this will change it up a bit, although that grill is still pretty lackluster.

And I thought the normally aspirated V8 1/2 ton PU was dead. That's a nice motor. I bet the gas mileage sucks but some people don't care about that. My theory is, if you like those big V8 motors you better hurry up and buy one because soon everything will be battery or tiny V6 motors with turbochargers that whine all the time.

If I get aced out of a 2021 Tundra I might have to look at these. I may become a hypocrite.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Interesting. My wife thought the ‘02 Silverado we had was too big!! I should test drive one of these and go pick her up from work ...

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    And I thought the normally aspirated V8 1/2 ton PU was dead. That's a nice motor. I bet the gas mileage sucks but some people don't care about that.
    16/21 mpg for the 6.2L, although I'd bet the ZR2 will be slightly worse due to the tires and ride height.

I get 19 mpg highway with my 4x4 Ram with the 5.7 on longer trips and I opted for numerically high gearing.

I wonder how it will compare to the Raptor in price and capability.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    16/21 mpg for the 6.2L, although I'd bet the ZR2 will be slightly worse due to the tires and ride height.

I get 19 mpg highway with my 4x4 Ram with the 5.7 on longer trips and I opted for numerically high gearing.
    12/17/21 mpg was what my 07 Duramax got. I never had a problem with that. I only drive about 5-10K a year now and we have a CRV for short trips.

I wouldn't want a V8 for a commuter though.

Another thought is that gas prices will go down with more EV's on the road based on supply and demand. We've already seen an oil glut where producers ran out of storage capacity. Oil producing countries need to sell oil at almost any price above production cost. The only thing that drives up gas prices is more gas engines, but that trend is reversing. The environmental regs that require better fuel efficiency are also causing manufacturers to stop building vehicles that get 16 mpg.

I keep in touch with millennials and the consensus is the more EV's on the road the better. They would all be driving EV's if they could afford those, just for the social acceptance if nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Interesting. My wife thought the ‘02 Silverado we had was too big!! I should test drive one of these and go pick her up from work ...
    Just bought us a new vehicle, honey.

User Tag List