Thread: help! Parts to convert Sig DAK to DA/SA

help! Parts to convert Sig DAK to DA/SA

So I am having a hard time locating all the parts needed to convert a new to me p229 9mm dak to da/sa.

trouble finding sig p series hammer..

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    So I am having a hard time locating all the parts needed to convert a new to me p229 9mm dak to da/sa.

trouble finding sig p series hammer..
    For SIG parts I would try:

Top Gun Supply
    SIG
    Osage County Guns

Between Midwest Gun Works and Top Gun Supply, I was able to put together all the parts I needed to convert my DAK P229 to DA/SA...I had to put in a couple of alerts to mail me when parts got in stock, but it didn't take too long before that was sorted out.

Site Supporter
    Numrich is a potential source, too. So is Slinks. And eBay.

I think the P229 uses the same hammer as most other P22X Sigs. So honestly that shouldn’t be too hard to find. You’ll also need a strut/mainspring seat, decocker lever, deckocker bearing, decocker spring, sear, trigger bar, and hammer reset spring. Possibly a sear spring, too? With the P229, I feel like most of that has commonality with other Sigs—so it should be findable. In theory.

I just went through this with a DAK P239. Couldn’t find a strut to save my life (the P239’s strut is different from other Sigs). So I sent it in to Sig and had them do the conversion. $200 I think?

Then of course I found a P239 strut on eBay. Sigh…

User Tag List