Thread: Putting a 9mm P226 slide on a 40 S&W P226 frame

Putting a 9mm P226 slide on a 40 S&W P226 frame

I have an old but nice Robar W. German Sig P226 that has a cracked rear right frame rail. This was caused by the slide breach block pin being broken (fixed). The accuracy is shit but it cycles reliably (for now). I've stripped down the frame and mothballed it years ago and now found it. I saw a beat up Sig P226 in 40 S&W (no rail, short extractor) for sale. It looks like shit except but the frame looks decent. Can I simply put the 9mm slide on top of the 40 frame and feed it with the 9mm mags?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I have an old but nice Robar W. German Sig P226 that has a cracked rear right frame rail. This was caused by the slide breach block pin being broken (fixed). The accuracy is shit but it cycles reliably (for now). I've stripped down the frame and mothballed it years ago and now found it. I saw a beat up Sig P226 in 40 S&W (no rail, short extractor) for sale. It looks like shit except but the frame looks decent. Can I simply put the 9mm slide on top of the 40 frame and feed it with the 9mm mags?
    I have done this with P229s so I think probably yes?

I did it about 15 years ago and the gun ran fantastic. I sold it to a guy who had a brand new 226 and he said my version ran much better than his.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Cool! That's enough validation for me! Man, that beat up 40 S&W doesn't even have grips!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Just check the lockup isn't an interference fit. Put it together without the recoil spring and cycle it by hand to be sure it goes into battery properly without binding. Interference fit will wear out the underside of the rails.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Cool! That's enough validation for me! Man, that beat up 40 S&W doesn't even have grips!
    I have some factory grips laying around if you want them

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I have some factory grips laying around if you want them
    I got that covered, thanks! What this thing really needs is some brake cleaner.

I got that covered, thanks! What this thing really needs is some brake cleaner.
    lol but if it works it works!

I have several 226s in .40 and have run an assortment of 9mm 226 uppers on them sans any issue.

User Tag List