Thread: Underwood, Lehigh vs Federal HST

Underwood, Lehigh vs Federal HST

I currently carry 147grain HST in my Glock 45.

Curious about Underwood and Lehigh. Would appreciate any feedback folks have with these bullets.

Primary application is self defense against humans, however, deep woods use in the northeast (black bear) is of interest as well but as a priority, its a distant second .

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    I currently carry 147grain HST in my Glock 45.

Curious about Underwood and Lehigh. Would appreciate any feedback folks have with these bullets.

Primary application is self defense against humans, however, deep woods use in the northeast (black bear) is of interest as well but as a priority, its a distant second .

Thx
    In Montana and Alaska, I almost always have one magazine with a quality JHP load and another with Underwood Lehigh Penetrator ammo. I leave the JHP magazine in the pistol, until I step off pavement, and then switch to the Underwood Lehigh magazine. Unless you have large bears, I would be inclined to just run a quality JHP load. If you are desiring more penetration, keep a spare magazine of Lehigh and carry on.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thank you, that’s very helpful.

Lehigh and Underwood appear to be similar. Is one measurably better than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    Thank you, that’s very helpful.

Lehigh and Underwood appear to be similar. Is one measurably better than the other?
    I have always bought from Underwood, who load using Lehigh projectiles.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List