Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 23 MOS field pistol project

Forgot to add, I will be elk hunting in MT starting next weekend, and hoped to carry this. Unfortunately my ALS is not back from Ghostmen, so it may be the 19 with an Acro and penetrators.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

1) My Gen 5 9mm Safariland retention holster is on the way back from Ghostmen, modified to fit the Gen 5 .40 pistols. He has my side too, and as soon as it gets back I will plop the Acro on.

2) I was shooting a Gen 5 9mm today, zeroing a Holosun, when I got a stoppage with AE 115. I just can't remember the last stoppage I had with a Gen 5 and factory ammo, so everything came to a halt. It took a few more magazines of testing for me to realize I was using a Gen 23 magazine and not a 9mm magazine. Duh!

I had put Tango Down green baseplates on the 15 round .40 magazines, and I now switched base plates on the 13 round mags as well.

It's a relief to discover something like that, ain't it. I do like a 23. Helluva weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    1) My Gen 5 9mm Safariland retention holster is on the way back from Ghostmen, modified to fit the Gen 5 .40 pistols. He has my side too, and as soon as it gets back I will plop the Acro on.

2) I was shooting a Gen 5 9mm today, zeroing a Holosun, when I got a stoppage with AE 115. I just can't remember the last stoppage I had with a Gen 5 and factory ammo, so everything came to a halt. It took a few more magazines of testing for me to realize I was using a Gen 23 magazine and not a 9mm magazine. Duh!

I had put Tango Down green baseplates on the 15 round .40 magazines, and I now switched base plates on the 13 round mags as well.
    For a long time I had both a G19 and G23, and I can't tell you how many times I showed up at the range with the wrong mags for the pistol I was shooting that day. One of the many reasons I ditched the G23.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    For a long time I had both a G19 and G23, and I can't tell you how many times I showed up at the range with the wrong mags for the pistol I was shooting that day. One of the many reasons I ditched the G23.
    Think I fixed this.

Name:  AECA1FD5-0685-470F-973D-123EB9597C1B.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  42.8 KB

Think I fixed this.

Name:  AECA1FD5-0685-470F-973D-123EB9597C1B.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  42.8 KB
    Did that. Found that it wasn't different enough to be consistent. Switched to all OEM +2s on my G19 mags, that helped a lot, but eventually it was just too much of a PITA...

Site Supporter
    Writing ".40" on the sides with an oil based sharpie and the bottom worked for me until I went with ORANGE OEM base plates with my .40 mags.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sharpie-Med...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I also put the 9mm mags in the mag pouches on the bag and put my .40 mags in a carrier within the bag. An ORANGE piece of duct tape with .40 written with the sharpie on the front of the case worked as well.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/23...RoCmIIQAvD_BwE
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Name:  4A6A8FED-7029-4BEA-A529-3A604F4CE53A.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  53.3 KB

Name:  4A6A8FED-7029-4BEA-A529-3A604F4CE53A.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  53.3 KB
    hm. "40" kinda looks like "oh" as in "oh bother". Got some room for confusion still. Since you've got the pen out maybe consider

¡prohibito 9m/m!
    Or some trench art of Elmer Keith just looking at you disappointed while you're sitting there trying to stuff 9mm rounds into it.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    hm. "40" kinda looks like "oh" as in "oh bother". Got some room for confusion still. Since you've got the pen out maybe consider

Or some trench art of Elmer Keith just looking at you disappointed while you're sitting there trying to stuff 9mm rounds into it.
    9 nein!

User Tag List