Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 23 MOS field pistol project

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have heard multiple reports of the S&W 10 not functioning with heavy ammo. I am hoping Sig introduces a 320 in 10 soon, and would definitely try that in 10mm. I thought of a 320 in .40, but I am enough invested in the G5 23 MOS, I am not sure.
    One reason I do not have a 10mm is because I just cannot see taking the plunge for twenty grains or two hundred FPS over what a forty will do. 10g of Longshot behind a 155g used to be a listed load in the Hodgdon manual, and it specifically stated that it was not for guns without fully supported chambers, probably would have been legal ramifications had they said "Don't shoot these in a G22, idiot." I bought some new virgin brass and some Gold Dots and loaded a hundred. I had a 6" Lone Wolf barrel for my G35 and I think I recollect they went 1,535fps and they were fine. Fired one (without a mag in the gun) in the stock Glock barrel and it looked like it was ready to give birth.

But as we discussed in another thread, everything gets stubbed off in the length that is hidden AIWB/IWB, the 320 Legos might be interesting. But like you, not sure it is something I might toss money at.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 01-07-2022 at 07:22 PM.

Too bad SIG discontinued everything P320 that isn’t 9mm. The people at the Pro Shop say they are hearing the other chamberings may not come back for retail.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Too bad SIG discontinued everything P320 that isn’t 9mm.
    My 320 awareness is low, I did a search before I posted, perhaps those are just remnants.

Word is that a 10mm 320 is imminent -- we shall see, as it is the time of year new things often pop.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

@GJM, I just realized MOS plates on the 23.5 have to be wider to match the slide. What plates are you using? I’m not seeing anything the CHPWS website.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Too bad SIG discontinued everything P320 that isn’t 9mm.
    The story I heard is out the door production is gone, but they will continue to offer slides/barrels/magazines for anybody who wants them, it is apparently as simple as putting on the .40 or .357 slide/barrel/recoil spring on the lower and using the 40/357 mags, no other parts to change.

@GJM, I just realized MOS plates on the 23.5 have to be wider to match the slide. What plates are you using? I’m not seeing anything the CHPWS website.
    Actually does not since the screws are in the same place. I used the standard CHPWS plate on my 23.5 MOS, no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Actually does not since the screws are in the same place. I used the standard CHPWS plate on my 23.5 MOS, no issues.
    So, you have a groove under the angled edge of the plate where it meets the slide?
    Ken

I am using a TD plate for the Acro and a Holosun OEM plate for the 509T, both 9mm models. No issues. Looks like the OEM .40 MOS plates have a different part number, although I didn’t use them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

So, you have a groove under the angled edge of the plate where it meets the slide?
    sorry, I cannot visualize...the plate went on just like a 19 MOS...1K+ rounds since last March, zero issues...there is a slight empty part of the MOS dovetail on the sides I guess, nothing I care about

Name:  g235 mount 1.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  28.2 KB

Name:  g235 2 mount.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  34.2 KB

User Tag List