Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 23 MOS field pistol project

Both my 300BO guns have green Magpul handguards and grips and stocks, anything they make in green I bought. I wish they would make color coded floorplates for the magazines (maybe I will paint some...).

One of my newer shooter buddies I shoot with on Sunday kept having stops in his reliable M&P, and none of the clearance drills would work. We would stop the exercise and analyze the problem, and it kept happening. At some point he must have dumped a handful of 40 rounds in an ammo can of 9mm.

On Thanksgiving day my brother in law was struggling with (I think) his 365, same deal, only that one was even a bitch to get the round back out of the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Think I fixed this.

Attachment 79257

Got some more ammo to continue testing, with an emphasis on the Underwood Lehigh load.

Name:  18987D79-6824-4719-90D4-50D868E27334.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  76.6 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Await your results with the Lehighs since the Underwood 200gr cast version did not cut it.

Got some more ammo to continue testing, with an emphasis on the Underwood Lehigh load.

By any chance might you chamber a Gold Dot and then swap out mags when moving from town to the wild places and back and forth?
    Purpose being to reduces the banging around of chambering and re-chambering not that easy to replace premium loads; I mean since the protocol for a wild beast is 1st warning shot anyway?

(I haven't observed Glocks being hard on a cartridge in that manner but many smart folks report that's a thing. It was quite a hassle when we visited AK as we were staying with the kids in their quarters on JBER and the G22 had to be empty and cased and all ammo stripped from magazines leaving and entering the post.)
    Last edited by JHC; 12-06-2021 at 08:06 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    By any chance might you chamber a Gold Dot and then swap out mags when moving from town to the wild places and back and forth?
    Purpose being to reduces the banging around of chambering and re-chambering not that easy to replace premium loads; I mean since the protocol for a wild beast is 1st warning shot anyway?

(I haven't observed Glocks being hard on a cartridge in that manner but many smart folks report that's a thing.)
    That is my practice, Gold Dot in the chamber, and either Lehigh or Gold Dots in the mag depending on location.

Could you please chronograph the Lehigh ammo if you have a chance?
    Also, could you please measure the OAL?
    Thank you

That put a dent into your retirement.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I cannot speak to the Lehigh rounds.

The 180g Lawman and the 165g GD (as well as the 180g GD) are 3 loads I have seen and used 100's of thousands of times out of Glock 22/23/35/27 platforms.

Both of your Speer offerings should be GTG function wise and 4 inch @ 25 accurate all day long.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I cannot speak to the Lehigh rounds.

The 180g Lawman and the 165g GD (as well as the 180g GD) are 3 loads I have seen and used 100's of thousands of times out of Glock 22/23/35/27 platforms.

Both of your Speer offerings should be GTG function wise and 4 inch @ 25 accurate all day long.
    The Lawman and Gold Dot loads are all I have used with the MOS -- I would put the Gold Dot more like two inches at 25 out of a Gen 5 23.

Site Supporter
    GJM

1. I only have Gen 3 guns ergo my 4 inch reference as they have been universally held to be less accurate than Gen 5 models.

2. I doubt I could shoot 2 inches@ 25 with a RDS Gen 5 gun.

3. I have NO DOUBTS you can in fact shoot 2 inches @ 25 with a Gen 5 gun!!!
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List