Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Gen 5 23 MOS field pistol project

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes! (I have both, but mostly have been carrying the straight 23).

Ran into an issue today, with multiple stoppages with a Blazer Brass 180. The slide was locking back with cartridges in the magazine and the flat point bullet profile was slightly nose down. This was odd, as I have never experienced a stoppage with this pistol or any GEN 5 .40 before. When I looked more carefully, I realized I was using a Glock 22 magazine that I had here at the cabin, and it had a number nine follower. The new magazines have a number 10 follower. No problems with the number 10 follower magazines, so I am thinking that there was a redesign from 9 to 10, related to this issue.

So, a heads up to make sure you are using magazines that have a number 10 follower in GEN 5 40 pistols.
    I believe the #10 follower .40 mags have the 11 coil magazine springs and the #9 follower mags have 10 coil magazine springs. I don't see much difference in the follower but the mag springs are different and the older magazines don't provide as much lift into the chamber.

Site Supporter
    I like the grip of the G45 better than the G23 but I have yet to purchase another G23 to swap it out. I ordered a SLR Rifleworks magwell because I read it enhanced the grip on the G19 Gen 5. I put it on my G23 Gen 5 for a better grip and I like it a lot. It is forcing me to grip the gun better and I will try the G23 at my next USPSA match.

I only have 48 rounds through my used-like-new 5th G22. I have no real history other than shooting a gen 3 G22 when I was 15 years old and knew nothing about shooting.

But Im very impressed with this current version. I found it extremely shootable, especially with all the 5th gen additions and benefits.

User Tag List