Thread: G44 - Problem with Glock Performance Trigger

G44 - Problem with Glock Performance Trigger

As the title says I'm having trouble with the performance trigger in my Glock 44. Here's a rundown:

Pistol is a G44 with a Nelson 44X RMR slide on it. Previous to installing the Performance Trigger it worked Fine with the various ammo:

* CCI 36gr Copper Plated HP Troy Landry 'Choot 'Em' brand - 1260fps
    * CCI 40gr Copper Plated RN (AR Tactical brand) - 1200fps
    * Federal Auto Match 40gr LRN - 1200fps
    * Browning 36gr Copper Plated HP - 1280fps
    * Remington Golden Bullet 36gr Copper Plated HP - 1280fps

After installing the Performance Trigger I had FTE's using the Browning Ammo. Apparently because I hadn't swapped the G44 ejector into the Performance Trigger body. I think it is pertinent to note that I cleaned and lube the pistol and trigger (Lucas Gun Oil) after replacing the ejector. Went to the range and fired a mag with seven rounds, no problem. Next mag back to FTE or ejecting w/o picking up next round. Left range in disgust.

Returned next day (today) with three different types of ammo (Browning, Golden Bullet, CCI AR) as well as my wife's stock (except for Dawson Sights) G44. My G4 with the optic slide had the same problem with the Browning and the CCI AR, however it ate the Golden Bullets w/o a stutter.

I put the Nelson Optic slide on my wife's G44 and it ate all three ammo types flawlessly (Browning, Golden Bullet, CCI AR).

Put my wife's slide on the frame with the Performance trigger in it and fired several mags of all three brands of ammo. For the most part worked, Remington Golden Bullets was the only ammo it locked the slide back every time, though.

Since my wife's pistol works flawlessly with all three ammo types with both the optic slide and the OEM slide and my pistol doesn't, the culprit would seem to be the Performance Trigger.

Has anybody heard of problem with using the Performance Trigger in G44's?

(Before anyone asks - yes, I know how to load G44 mags so they function)

Thanks,

Dan
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Glock specifically cautions against it (ejector is not compatible). Rumor is you can swap the ejector with a G44 one to make it work.

EDIT- I re-read the original post and I'm still not sure if you swapped in the G44 ejector. If so, please ignore my post.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Glock specifically cautions against it (ejector is not compatible). Rumor is you can swap the ejector with a G44 one to make it work.

EDIT- I re-read the original post and I'm still not sure if you swapped in the G44 ejector. If so, please ignore my post.
    Yes, I did switch ejectors.

Just finished polishing the hump on the trigger bar and the firing pin safety. We shall see tomorrow.

I also visited WallyWorld and Dunham's in order to pretty much corner the local market of Remington Golden Bullets in case all else fails.

I was thinking about trying the GPT in my 44, gonna follow your thread first to see how it works out.

I have another element added to it that makes me cautious about the GPT. I primarily use the 18 round Pro Mags in my 44, they are now running great with 16 rounds loaded. It took some break in and a cheap loading tool to get there. Loading the mags correctly is even far more important then with the stock Glock mags.

Got a feeling adding the GPT may take me back to square one.

Just put my GPT +G44 ejector in mind tonight. Ran a few backyard factory mags fine. But other than trigger, mine is all box stock G44.

Crusader -

I never thought about trying them, but during this process I found out that the mags from my advantage arms conversion work in my G44.

Update on what is going on with this thing:

I took the slide down and stoned and polished the striker safety - went up to 900 on the stone (didn't have a 1200) and then finished it off with Mother's Mag Polish on a felt bob. I also did the same to the striker safety hump on the trigger bar. I bit my cheek a little, thought 'heck it's only $99.00' and took a couple strokes with a file to make the profile 'rounder' before stoning and polishing.

I've been looking on the internet and someone somewhere had posted that you needed to use a regular slide cover plate so I found one in the box 'o parts and compared them. Couldn't really see any dimensional differences but noted that the 'full-sized' one had an angled notch on one side and the G44 on had to equal sized notches. Figured out why that is so, decided to see if the 'full-sized' one made a difference so took out my exacto and cut the angled side square (right side as your looking at the back of the pistol as you shoot it).

The post that I read about swapping out to the other slide cover plate did not mention the need to modify the plate, so I wasn't too confident that it would make a difference.

Went to the range and found that the pistol still ran flawlessly with Remington Golden Bullets, but not with the other rounds. I'm going to shoot it this with the Golden Bullets this week as I practice for an action pistol match, if it runs okay then I'll use it and simply switch to Golden Bullets (I bought four bulk packs this weekend).

ETA - did not test pistol with stock slide just the optic.

User Tag List