Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 23 MOS field pistol project

Point seven seven is 12.3 oz.

My slide is stripped except the sights (Trijicons) and the striker liner.

Site Supporter
    Are you favoring the G45 frame over the 23 frame?

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Are you favoring the G45 frame over the 23 frame?
    I prefer carrying the 23 frame concealed and shooting the 45 frame! It is great to be able to interchange them as desired.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I prefer carrying the 23 frame concealed and shooting the 45 frame! It is great to be able to interchange them as desired.
    How many shots total do you have through your Gen 5 .40 cals put together? Also, are you considering replacing the USP shooting .45 Super with this due to easier shootability?

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    How many shots total do you have through your Gen 5 .40 cals put together? Also, are you considering replacing the USP shooting .45 Super with this due to easier shootability?
    Not having cases of .40 has slowed down the process, but more than 500 but less than 1,000 rounds through the two of them.

I want something I can easily run a sealed emitter optic on.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not having cases of .40 has slowed down the process, but more than 500 but less than 1,000 rounds through the two of them.

I want something I can easily run a sealed emitter optic on.
    Test bed for your new ACCRO 2?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Test bed for your new ACCRO 2?
    I have an Acro P1 and 509 V2 on my two 23 slides now, so I will probably drop the P2 on something in 9mm I shoot more, to get more info quicker.

Site Supporter
    Looks like Wilson Combat bought Lehigh Defense.

https://soldiersystems.net/2022/01/0...ehigh-defense/

Bit of a hijack, but did/have you given any consideration to pursuing this idea with the SIG 320 pistols (ETA: Since I think you are a fan)? Just wondering about taking one of the big guns and putting a compact frame under it to create your concealable critter gun, with a longer barrel (ETA: better for AIWB and velocity). When I had Glocks I liked the idea of having a G17/22 chopped to G19/23 magazines.

Also, this is interesting to me, I currently shoot 9mm almost exclusively, but I think forty kinda got thrown under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Bit of a hijack, but did/have you given any consideration to pursuing this idea with the SIG 320 pistols (ETA: Since I think you are a fan)? Just wondering about taking one of the big guns and putting a compact frame under it to create your concealable critter gun, with a longer barrel (ETA: better for AIWB and velocity). When I had Glocks I liked the idea of having a G17/22 chopped to G19/23 magazines.

Also, this is interesting to me, I currently shoot 9mm almost exclusively, but I think forty kinda got thrown under the bus.
    I have heard multiple reports of the S&W 10 not functioning with heavy ammo. I am hoping Sig introduces a 320 in 10 soon, and would definitely try that in 10mm. I thought of a 320 in .40, but I am enough invested in the G5 23 MOS, I am not sure.

I had half a conversation with Bill Wilson last night, and was in the middle of the Lehigh part when it got caught short. Excited Wilson has Lehigh.

User Tag List